PS5 version, friend on PS4?

AestheticElement

Couldn't find a direct answer to this. I only want to earn the PS5 trophy list, if possible.

Am I able to play the PS5 version of It Takes Two (physical copy) on my PS5, together with a friend who will be playing the PS4 version (via Friend's Pass) on their PS4?

Edited by AestheticElement

Should work according to their Friend's Pass FAQ (https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/it-takes-two/about/friends-pass#faq)

What is Friend's Pass?

Friend's Pass lets you play It Takes Two with a friend even if they don’t own the full game! First, have them search for It Takes Two and download the Friend’s Pass from the platform specific digital store (PlayStation Store, Microsoft Store, Steam Store, or Origin Store). Then, invite them to play with you from the main menu. If none of you own the full game, you can still try out the First Chapter of It Takes Two in both local and online co-op with the Friend’s Pass.

Can you only invite someone to play It Takes Two on the same platform or is there cross-platform play?

Friend’s Pass offers cross-gen but not cross-platform play. For example, Player 1 can be playing on PlayStation 5 and invite Player 2 on Playstation 4. But Player 1 playing on Playstation 5 cannot invite Player 2 on Xbox Series X or PC. The save system also works cross-gen.

Edited by imh007
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, AestheticElement said:

Couldn't find a direct answer to this. Sorry if it has been asked before. I only want to earn the PS5 trophy list, if possible.

Am I able to play the PS5 version of It Takes Two (bought the physical copy) on my PS5, together with a friend who will be playing the Friend's Pass PS4 version on their PS4?

Or do I NEED to play the PS4 version on my PS5, to be able to play with my friend who is only on PS4? Thanks.

u will be able to play the ps5 version while your friend plays the ps4 version because thats what I did with my friend

• Like 1