Daymare 1994: Sandcastle (August 30, 2023)

We’re extremely proud and happy to announce our new game with a world exclusive on IGN.com

From the collaboration between Invader Studios and our new publisher Leonardo Interactive, Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle come to life.

This is the next installment of the Daymare series and awaited prequel of Daymare: 1998, ready to hit PC (Steam) and console (PlayStation 5, Xbox X/S Series, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One) in 2022!

Spoke enough, spotlights on the exciting announcement trailer of the game. Enjoy it!
Put on your H.A.D.E.S. suite and get ready to enter your new nightmare!

http://daymarethegame.com/daymare-1994-sandcastle-is-here/

Edited by ziggypossum
30/08/2023
  • Like 3

Screenshots

gBLTn4d.jpg

FQ3aVk4.jpg

1HoJnpM.jpg

7yRLiCJ.jpg

3K9hVQ2.jpg

Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle Announced

Going back to the Resident Evil-inspired horror, for the first time.

Leonardo Interactive and Invader Studios have announced Daymare 1994: Sandcastle, the sequel to Daymare 1998, a popular Resident Evil 2-inspired survival-horror tribute of sorts that became a popular game itself.

In Sandcastle, you'll return to Idaho – or rather, go there for the first time, as Sandcastle is (as the name implies) a prequel to Daymare 1998.

You play as Dalila Reyes, an ex-government spy now employed by H.A.D.E.S. (Hexacore Advanced Division for Extraction and Search).

Among other new features, Sandcastle will feature new weapons like the liquid-nitrogen-blasting Frost Grip, an updated menu/interface/inventory system, new puzzles, and more.

https://www.ign.com/articles/daymare-1994-sandcastle-announced

• 8 months later...

Just played the demo, and to be honest it was a bit underwhelming. Not enough enemy encounters, and for the most part the environment felt too big and barren. Ended on kind of a whimper too. At times both the tension & atmosphere were good though, which to me are the most important things with games like this, so I'm optimistic. No jump scares, which is something I've seen a good number of people complaining about, but I personally don't really care as I think they're often overused. A handful of well-placed ones are definitely appreciated, but yeah, good atmosphere and tension are where it's at.

I've seen some people saying it's like Dead Space, and while I can see the obvious comparison, I think that's being way too generous. Dead Space's combat is still so great, while I found Daymare 1994's to be sluggish & serviceable at best. It's too easy to get dog-piled because your movement & that wrist-mounted ice cannon are just so slow. Feels cheap & clumsy instead of challenging, but IDK, maybe I just sucked at it.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Collector's Edition

wRzEZKv.png

Box contents:

PS4 Game: Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle

Collector's Box

Collectable Pin

Sticker Art

Character Cards

rD0D6vq.jpg