CASPO Guide for CapcoMaster Trophy

1 hour ago, kevao97 said:

would it be easier than captain commando?

Btw my 1943 save trick method went completely wrong so I'm only using a 20k save, this is going to take forever.

Hey @kevao97 , it’s about the same as far as difficulty goes, meaning you can’t really fail as long as you keep mashing buttons and advancing. Continues start you where you die as expected and while it was still quite easy, even on Hard, it is more annoying than Mega Twins because of some of the boss attacks.

It took 33 minutes to clear and since continues didn’t matter I spammed Mack/Mummy Commando’s spin attack by pressing jump & attack at the same time. Like many other 2D sidescrolling beat ‘em ups it does take life away each time you use it but since the use of continues doesn’t matter for these trophies, it’s recommended to spam it due to annoying bosses and a faster clear time. Mega Twins was a little more enjoyable imo but as far as effectiveness, they’re about the same. :)

I played through it once on Timed Challenge to clear it and then another shorter playthrough to test Hard mode. Here’s my Timed Challenge results:

51,502 Score Bonus x2 campaign bonus x1.20 ranking bonus x2 time bonus x1.20 completion bonus = 296K Caspo.

As you can see Captain Commando is featured in an event this week thus the extra multiplier and higher Caspo total. Even if it was not featured you could still get the 50K in one session trophies as you can see with the Score Bonus. It is actually a Special Challenge this week too so if you played it in that mode instead of Timed Challenge, you’d gain another multiplier and more Caspo but continues are not allowed. It is a game sped up event.

That sucks to hear about your 20K save. If my math is right, that’s looking like about 14 hours for CapcoMaster, not including what you already have towards it and assuming it’s not in an event playlist.

Edited by NMErickson

36 minutes ago, NMErickson said:

Hey @kevao97 , it’s about the same as far as difficulty goes, meaning you can’t really fail as long as you keep mashing buttons and advancing. Continues start you where you die as expected and while it was still quite easy, even on Hard, it is more annoying than Mega Twins because of some of the boss attacks.

It took 33 minutes to clear and since continues didn’t matter I spammed Mack/Mummy Commando’s spin attack by pressing jump & attack at the same time. Like many other 2D sidescrolling beat ‘em ups it does take life away each time you use it but since the use of continues doesn’t matter for these trophies, it’s recommended to spam it due to annoying bosses and a faster clear time. Mega Twins was a little more enjoyable imo but as far as effectiveness, they’re about the same. :)

I played through it once on Timed Challenge to clear it and then another shorter playthrough to test Hard mode. Here’s my Timed Challenge results:

51,502 Score Bonus x2 campaign bonus x1.20 ranking bonus x2 time bonus x1.20 completion bonus = 296K Caspo.

As you can see Captain Commando is featured in an event this week thus the extra multiplier and higher Caspo total. Even if it was not featured you could still get the 50K in one session trophies as you can see with the Score Bonus. It is actually a Special Challenge this week too so if you played it in that mode instead of Timed Challenge, you’d gain another multiplier and more Caspo but continues are not allowed. It is a game sped up event.

That sucks to hear about your 20K save. If my math is right, that’s looking like about 14 hours for CapcoMaster, not including what you already have towards it and assuming it’s not in an event playlist.

Thank you for the report! tomorrow I will buy one of the two games for the caspo trophies.

about 1943, I finished the game deathless on maximum difficulty, however making use of rewinds on problematic parts. the last two mild ones are quite annoying. so, i believe i saved in a moment that i shouldn't (in the "insert initials" screen, i should have saved  a moment before) because when i tried the method it didn't work and i didn't get more caspo. I used a previous save (on level 10 or something), then let it die, and got 20k working. it will have to be like that, I'm already with 1/100 million, I'll try 10 million a day.

45 minutes ago, TheDarkKratos said:

So, this still works?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBGS-si5KpI

Technically it should but can’t confirm or deny. I never got the rewinding of end bonuses to work in my trials. When that video was made the glitch that screwed up triumphs made it that if you turned off your PlayStation CapcoMaster would be glitched the next time you load in. There were offline workarounds as well. Now it is patched and may be effective. Try it and post here if it works for you. Like I said before, the rewind method would not save a lot more time in the grand scheme of things than the reloading saves method. It would shave off a couple seconds each time. Games reload fast, especially once you get it down. Also in that method they have to reload every few rewinds or it will mess up. That game Ghosts n Goblins does have a pretty bad end bonus so know it will take longer with that. I do remember trying it though haha.

Edited by NMErickson

I don't think I would want to subject myself to possibly 8 or more hours of monotonous (and borderline torturous) psychological trauma of just doing the same task over and over again. Just for a trophy...

This is borderline as bad as playing EZPZ games for trophies, except this time for rarity instead of quantity.

I think I'm more than happy to get this in the next couple of years, or never get it at all.

By playing the games at my own pace when I actually want to play them.

6 hours ago, NMErickson said:

The list is relatively easy but stupidly easy if you know the tricks to use. Other people have posted their methods in other threads but to summarize everything, you could make this a simple completion by purchasing just two games: 1942 & Mega Twins.

1942 obviously for the reload save trick. 3.5-4 hours of a boring reloading save grindfest for all the rank related trophies. But first you must play through the game once to set up your save at the end and that takes slightly over one hour.

Mega Twins for clear a game on Hard trophy and the gain 10/25/50K Caspo in one session trophies. These are the only “hard” trophies but with Mega Twins you just have to play through the game until completion using as many continues as you need. It’s not a difficult game to begin with and a clear will take 30-45 minutes. You’ll need to do it twice, once in Timed Challenge and once with the difficulty turned up. In Timed Challenge you get continues. The games that have a Score Challenge instead of a Timed Challenge do not let you continue. See Game Modes & Events section for more details. Alternatively, Captain Commando can be used for these as well. Enough Caspo will be earned, it’s doable on Hard, and is about the same length as Mega Twins.

Play x hours trophies = AFK any game on the score result screen.

Play games x times = Just constantly load a game and exit. Another annoying grind that would probably take about an hour and a half.

The rest of the trophies are so easy they need no explanation and can be completed in less than hour. You might have to wait a number of weeks to play though for a certain game to be on the event playlists for the event related trophies.

So using this info and all the tricks, the whole list is roughly an 8 hour completion (not counting the 100 hour AFK) and because you’re using Mega Twins where you literally can’t screw it up as long as you keep playing until you clear it, I’d say it’s a 2/10 for difficulty.

Some people don’t like buying games or will only purchase their favorites. They might just use what they have and that’s completely understandable. But having 1942 and Mega Twins is the optimal way. Now that the games are available separately, if a trophy hunter is looking to complete this in the fastest and easiest way, it would be wise to purchase those two games for $4 total. It’s a whole other story if all you have is the free game, 1943. But if you’re only going to use the free game and play normally, the only extra advice I can give is to get good at it, play it while it is a Special Challenge event (see scoring example section at the bottom), and try to gain as many multiplier bonuses as you can (see Scoring section). I can’t remember what 1943’s end bonus was if you’re going to try the reload save method but it wasn’t nearly as good as 1942’s. I did originally include end bonuses of different games I tested in the guide but it became too much to clear every game to check the end bonus. Instead, I just listed the best one.

And AJ_Radio, if the CapcoMaster guide is too much or too confusing, just know I included A LOT of extra info for people that just want to play the games normally, not use an exploit, or that don’t own all the games. I basically just tried to dissect the whole scoring system.  But if you plan on trying this with 1942, if anything just read about half way down in “The Absolute Fastest Way to CapcoMaster” paragraph where the bold text starts. The TLDR of it would be make a save before the end bonus in 1942, wait for 1942 to be in a weekly event playlist, and repeatedly reload the save after gaining the end bonus. You can do this if the game’s not in an event playlist, it will just take twice as long. So 7 to 8 hours of constantly reloading saves. That would do my head in. Hope this helps and let me know if something didn’t make sense :)

Wow, I did not expect to get such great information from this wall of text. Huge appreciation friend, it's clear you put a lot of time into writing your guide and doing your research.

I'll be sure to test out this method in the near future.

• Like 1