New PS3 Slim Is Flipping Out My TV! [HELP]

Azakos

I recently bought a new 160 GB PlayStation 3 Slim to replace my older 80 GB PlayStation 3 Phat. I did the same exact set up as my old PS3, the red cord, the white cord, and the HDMI cable. Here's the problem, it seems that whenever I leave the XMB, my television (Aquos Sharp) starts flashing between what I should be seeing and fuzz. It seems to also correspond to resolution changes. When I start up a game, my TV displays the input number and resolution in the top right corner. That's how my TV has always been, but it never had this flashing until I plugged in the Slim. The same problem happened when I started up Netflix, so I imagine any time my PS3 causes the resolution to change or readjust on my TV, or whatever it's doing, this problem occurs. It's really annoying and makes my Slim currently useless right now until I can fix it.

I also want to point out, that when I put in Battlefield 3, the download for it started, and the problem started again. But after about three minutes, it corrected itself. Now that it finished, Battlefield 3 started up, with the problem back on. It wasn't until about fifteen minutes though this time that I've left it on the main menu and it finally fixed itself.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong and how to fix this problem?

HDMI, red cord, and white cord? Azakos, you only need the HDMI, not the AV's.

Okay, well now I've only the HDMI plugged in, and it seems (for now) to have fixed this flashing problem. I don't understand why that would fix it, since I had the exact same setup with my old PS3 Phat without that problem.

Edit: Yup, that was just a fluke. It didn't get rid of the flashing problem.

Edit 2: For some reason, when I choose HDMI in the Audio Output Settings, it fixes the flashing problem. However, if I choose either Optical Digital or Audio Input Connector / SCART / AV MULTI in the Audio Output Settings, the flashing problem continues.

Thing is, now there's no sound. I already went to Sound Settings > Audio Output Settings > HDMI > Automatic. But no sound. I had sound before I took out the red and white AVs. On all three options from the Audio Output Settings, none of them give me sound. I only had sound when I had the red and white cords plugged in, and set to Audio Input Connector / SCART / AV MULTI.

Thing is, now there's no sound. I already went to Sound Settings > Audio Output Settings > HDMI > Automatic. But no sound. I had sound before I took out the red and white AVs. On all three options from the Audio Output Settings, none of them give me sound. I only had sound when I had the red and white cords plugged in, and set to Audio Input Connector / SCART / AV MULTI.

Do you have an override on the sounds settings of your TV?

If it's set to expect the sound from the Red & White input then it's going to ignore any other input.

That's happened to me as well. The audio cut out for a good hour or so. It might be the TV instead of the PS3. Try shutting off the TV for a minute then turn it back on. Make sure the sound settings is to the HDMI before you do.

Do you have an override on the sounds settings of your TV?

If it's set to expect the sound from the Red & White input then it's going to ignore any other input.

I wish I knew enough about TVs to answer your question.

That's happened to me as well. The audio cut out for a good hour or so. It might be the TV instead of the PS3. Try shutting off the TV for a minute then turn it back on. Make sure the sound settings is to the HDMI before you do.

No success.

I wish I was in front of my TV/PS3 ATM... going from memory now so bear with me.

In the XMB Sound Settings I recall having issues with specific frequencies... try disabling/unchecking all of them and run the Audio "wizard" again. I remember having a similar issues when I changed from my phat 60GB to my 160GB slim. When I get home, i'll check my settings and post them for you. I hope you get it before then though! Good luck.