GER-Version NOT Uncut

I played half through the german version. It’s funny how you can shoot a .50 cal into a head or body and the bullet just fades through the enemy. No bullet hole, no blood, no deformation, absolutely no impact on the hit. Kills the immersion a bit, but still enjoying the game.

Germans obviously have to be protected by the sheer amount of violence im video games.

Edited by xIRockyRock
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, xIRockyRock said:

I played half through the german version. It’s funny how you can shoot a .50 cal into a head or body and the bullet just fades through the enemy. No bullet hole, no blood, no deformation, absolutely no impact on the hit. Kills the immersion a bit, but still enjoying the game.

Germans obviously have to be protected by the sheer amount of violence im video games.

Why dont you guys order games online like amazon or play asia btw? ? Or is it laws against that to?

8 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

Why dont you guys order games online like amazon or play asia btw? 1f44d.png Or is it laws against that to?

Usually I buy my games in Austria, it’s uncut there and is also translated into german. But I didn’t really see that game to be released this early, and when it was available I had to buy it. Also didn’t know the German version is heavily cutted. 
But to be honest, I don’t care. I bought the game for the Sniper and Stealth experience, not to see exploding heads.

If I buy my next Zombie Splatter Slasher Game (Dying Light 2), obviously this has to be uncut or it’s an no go.

• 1 month later...

Does sb know it is uncut, if you own e.g. the uk version and play it with a german account?

Yeah, I know the question sounds silly, but the censor mechanic seems to be a bit different this time:

I read, that you can play the game uncut with a not-german PSN-Account and a not german language. So, I am afraid, that they add a small command to all versions over the world, which checks the account country and the language. In this horror scenario, the germans could not play any version uncut on their main system. I do not if this true, therefore, I want to clearify it

Edited by T-100

• 2 years later...

In case this is still of interest to somebody: The game has an implemented region check no matter what version you play.
You can simply sign out of PSN each time before starting the game to circumvent the censorship on a German account. Once in the game you can sign back in.  
A foreign IP for the console may also work but is way more "complicated". 

• Like 1