Is this game any good?

1 hour ago, TheDarkKratos said:

Wow. A lot of hate for this simple and fun platformer. I platinum the PS4 version back in December of 2019. My initial attraction to the game was the character of Scrat. And I like the Ice Age movies. I encountered no issues whatsoever in completing the game. It's easy, yet repetitive, and there are a lot of collectibles. But other than that, it's a relatively straight-forward platinum. I have since returned to the game, working on the collectibles for both of the PS5 versions. You finish the main story, then clean up. Once again, a fun and easy platinum from start to finish. The funny thing is I would platinum this game 5 x times if there were that many stacks. But 3 x times is enough🤣

Yes it's extremely easy. I just platinumed it. Probably about to do the PS4 version. I mean it's a bad platformer but I wasn't bored while playing it. I had fun trying to go out of bounds and replicating animation bugs. (I found a lot of places). Haven't checked it out yet but would be a cool game to start speedrunning! 🤣

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I completed this game on the ps4 and ps5 version. It's not a bad game, just an average platformer. There are some just some occasional glitches and rendering issues, but these won't impact you much. For example, sometimes you fall out of the map and die. You just restart at the last checkpoint (theres a checkpoint every 1-2 minutes anyways), so not a big deal at all. Definitely not full price worthy, but it's ''free'' with PS essentials anyways. I dont agree with the 2*-4*/10* reviews, more like a 6 in my opinion.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Though it certainly is not a magnum opus, and as far as platformers go, Ice Age: Scrat's Nutty Adventure is not bad.

I actually had more issues with the PS5 version than its PS4 counterpart, mainly texture streaming/rendering. Nonetheless, the PS5 version runs at 60fps, while the PS4 version runs at 30fps.

• Like 2

The game is a decent platformer. My wife downloaded it from the extra catalogue for our 6 year old which left me no choice but to plat it due to being a completionist. I actually platted it twice because it wasn't that bad. Not great but not awful like some would have you believe.

• Like 2

After finally completing all 3 x stacks of this game, I can honestly say that despite enjoying it, I have had my fill of Scrat. But I would do more stacks.

It's easy, fun, nothing too hard, repetitive, boss fights are not hard, generous checkpoints, loads of collectibles, camera can be weird at times. Lol

On 12/1/2023 at 2:15 PM, Loutisu said:

I had fun trying to go out of bounds and replicating animation bugs. (I found a lot of places).

There's already enough Bugs in the game. Beetles, crickets etc🤣

Edited by TheDarkKratos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1