Is this game any good?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/5/2021 at 5:21 AM, TurtlePM said:

This must be the worst licensed game I've played in years on a console. I can't even agree with @Muffy saying "Scrat's cute little face" when every animation in this game is terrible :/

Yes, it is a kids game, it's a simple platformer, but it's not fun. PS1 and PS3 kids games had more effort put into it back in the day. 

I was surprised when I played Adventure Time from the same team (Outstanding Games) and thought this might be a good and fun game. It ended up being a broken game with €40 terrible frame when you move the camera or Scrat, and pointless combat and stealth sections. At some point midgame, you'll just end up rushing through levels without collecting anything and ignoring any type of enemies just to unlock all skills. Grabbed it for €14 and I wish I could just give the money to another indie developer instead of this. Last buy for any OG game, for sure. 

^^^This! Holy shit dude this game is terrible and the camera and controls are fucking HORRENDOUS! There's also a slight delay when pushing buttons like jumping, for example. I press "X" and a half second later he jumps. Regrettably I've already earned some trophies so now I'm stuck with it. This is going to be a very painful platinum. 

I'm about an hour in and I'm TIRED of losing health and/or dying because this pile of GARBAGE doesn't want to recognize my button presses until half a second later (or not at all) and the wonky ass camera decides it wants to go ape shit at the worst possible moment! Awful, AWFUL game that should be avoided like Corona! These developers ought to be ashamed of themselves for making such an atrocious game.

-UPDATE-

I'm a decent ways in to the story and have collected many trophies. I have to say that once you get used to the horrible camera and controls the game really isn't all that bad. I'm definitely not praising it but I've played worse. The collectibles will be the only thing that really drags this game down because there are several tricky ones and a shit ton overall to collect. Plus you have to play the entire game over again to get them all. Real bummer there. 

Edited by MrTacoNinja

• 4 months later...

On it now. My 5 year old daughter is loving it. It's very average for a game (controls kinda janky, camara not great and frame rate drops) but for a few pounds it's worth it - and to be completely honest - I have seen a lot worse games. A fun throwback to the films and the era of kids platformers.

We are both having fun at least.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 11:13 PM, LukeTheGooner said:

Been looking to get it for a while but it's always been way to expensive for what it actually is, finally down to a decent price in the sale but is it worth getting?

Let me put it this way, its an okay game, as an Ice Age fan myself in the past i loved playing this but it has a lot of downsides to it, for example the camera angles at times are really shitty to work with, and there is a lot of bugs and glitches also, this game needs a lot of polishing, It almost seems like the devs went into an hurry to finish up this game and then bring it out, If you decide to go for plat then just you know that you need to do 2 playthroughs just to get some abilities for some areas, that's basically my p.o.v. of this game.

I might be late with this post but i just wanted to share it.

• 2 months later...

It’s a crap game, reason being are:- 

- enemies are easy, basic and repetitive 

- camera angles are really bad

- no point in collecting the gems apart from one trophy

- glitches are a plenty

- end of level enemies are abysmal

so why did I keep playing it…? I must be a completionist …

if you haven’t started don’t :)

but pretty easy trophy 

Edited by reddevilmeuk

Worst Ice Age game ever ^^

Graphics are bad, story is completely stupid, sooo many bugs, its sooo boring - even with all upgrades. I mean come on, this could have been a funny kids game but tbh it feels like a really bad free to playgame you got back in the days for buying breakfast cereals.

I mean, for a quick platinum its okay, and its part of the collection you get for free with ps extra/premium. But dont waste your money on it :D

• Like 2

Not the best Ice Age game (that belong to Ice Age 3, which is genuinely awesome), but I enjoyed it for the platinum run. Definitely not gonna go back to it, as it just doesn't have that "character" the others do, but I really don't recall any glitches or anything that made me hate the game. And free is free like CatHasTrophy said.

So I played a ton of kids games back in the ps1-ps3 days, but this game is among one of the worst. I got tired of collecting ezpz platinums and I said “let me put a bit of effort into easy trophies like the ps3 days”. This game here is sucks so bad and I’m only 45 mins into it 

A heads up for people going for the plat. There's a super annoying bug that constantly mess with your double jump. It makes some collectibles very frustating to get since some of them requires the use of double jump and the spin to reach. Overall its an easy plat but NOT a relaxing one.

It’s very…average. But Scrat is cute and even though it’s repetitive, I’m definitely going for the plat. Got it for free on PS Premium though, might have been a bit miffed if I’d paid more than £10 for it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7.8.2022 at 2:51 PM, Biscoito18 said:

A heads up for people going for the plat. There's a super annoying bug that constantly mess with your double jump. It makes some collectibles very frustating to get since some of them requires the use of double jump and the spin to reach. Overall its an easy plat but NOT a relaxing one.

Yeah. The one in the water especially. It took me about an hour to get it, i was 9 months pregnant when I did this plat and I was completely freaking out because of this. Pure horror.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

No. Currently playing the PS5 version and I can say this is one of the worst platformers I have ever played. You clip through tree's, rocks, basically anything with a slope (and go out of bounds into the map) and I've been able to replicate so many animation bugs and glitches on repeat. I know its a kids game but damn, this is a buggy mess. Only played because it's on PS+ otherwise you'd have to fork out $30 for this garbage. 2/10. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Loutisu said:

No. Currently playing the PS5 version and I can say this is one of the worst platformers I have ever played. You clip through tree's, rocks, basically anything with a slope (and go out of bounds into the map) and I've been able to replicate so many animation bugs and glitches on repeat. I know its a kids game but damn, this is a buggy mess. Only played because it's on PS+ otherwise you'd have to fork out $30 for this garbage. 2/10. 

yeah the game was terrible, I deleted it straight away

• Like 1

Wow. A lot of hate for this simple and fun platformer. I platinum the PS4 version back in December of 2019. My initial attraction to the game was the character of Scrat. And I like the Ice Age movies. I encountered no issues whatsoever in completing the game. It's easy, yet repetitive, and there are a lot of collectibles. But other than that, it's a relatively straight-forward platinum. I have since returned to the game, working on the collectibles for both of the PS5 versions. You finish the main story, then clean up. Once again, a fun and easy platinum from start to finish. The funny thing is I would platinum this game 5 x times if there were that many stacks. But 3 x times is enough🤣

Edited by TheDarkKratos

2 minutes ago, TheDarkKratos said:

Wow. A lot of hate for this simple and fun platformer. I platinum the PS4 version back in December of 2019. My initial attraction to the game was the character of Scrat. And I like the Ice Age movies. I had no issues whatsoever in completing the game. It's easy, yet repetitive, and there are a lot of collectibles. But other than that, it's a relatively straight-forward platinum. I have since returned to the game, working on the collectibles for both of the PS5 versions. You finish the main story, then clean up. Once again, a fun and easy platinum from start to finish.

only reason I got it in the first place was because I'm an ice age fan but couldn't play the game without getting annoyed