Platinum Difficulty?

MrTacoNinja

1 minute ago, LukeTheGooner said:

why are you getting a tennis game if you're not a fan of tennis?

Because I'm looking for a VR game to play. This game is really cheap right now on sale. So instead of this "why are you getting this..." and blah, blah, blah, how about offering an opinion on the question I asked instead.Why I want it and whether or not I'm a fan is irrelevant.

1 minute ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Because I'm looking for a VR game to play. This game is really cheap right now on sale. So instead of this "why are you getting this..." and blah, blah, blah, how about offering an opinion on the question I asked instead.Why I want it and whether or not I'm a fan is irrelevant.

no

2 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Than why comment at all?

tbh I saw this post on the side of the forum, clicked on it too see what game it was but I've never played on it before so I can't actually help and just thougt I'd ask that question :) someone will see this post anyway and more likely now because it has a few posts, I've helped you out without helping you out

5 minutes ago, LukeTheGooner said:

tbh I saw this post on the side of the forum, clicked on it too see what game it was but I've never played on it before so I can't actually help and just thougt I'd ask that question :) someone will see this post anyway and more likely now because it has a few posts, I've helped you out without helping you out

?

14 minutes ago, LukeTheGooner said:

Hey man my fault for being snappy. I've barely slept in the past couple of days and I've had a shit week. I apologize.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well, the answer is "it depends," lol.

Although I played real-life tennis as a hobby for a couple of years, which means I do know how to play the real game, I can say that the difficulty in this one really depends on how much you abuse the "frequent saving" trick. It depends on that more than on how great of a tennis player you really are. I am sure that there would be no achievers of the "challenge - very hard" trophy if you really had to play the full matches fair and square without being able to save anywhere during the matches. It would take a true grandmaster of this game (someone who spends 100 hours on it, in expert mode or above) to be able to win those "very hard" matches without saving inside them. The "frequent saving trick" is exactly that. The game gives you the choice of saving any match after every single point or exchange if you wish. That means that if you play that "challenge - very hard" stuff saving every time you score a point and NOT saving (and reloading the last save) when the computer scores against you, you are going to win. Then, it is easy if you save and reload a lot, but ultra hard if you don't. It can still be a little challenging in "very hard" (even with frequent saving and reloading) because the computer is incredibly cheap and difficult in anything above expert difficulty. So, you still have to be good enough to be able to score 1 point against the cheap computer A.I. in expert or above, but you don't have to be good enough to win the entire set or even the full match in that cheap difficulty---all thanks to the frequent saving "trick," which definitely breaks this game's difficulty. Also, you can choose to play with the mode that teleports you to where the ball is going next, which is A LOT easier than all the other modes. The full simulation mode is incredibly difficult, unless you play on easy only. And the worse part is that it doesn't really feel like real tennis. The topic creator won't notice that at all, but I played real tennis before, so I noticed it. 

However, for tennis fans, like myself, it's very nice to be able to see yourself at a bright tennis court at 11 pm at night in your pajamas. This game has that. The practice mode with the robot is also really good, and I believe that's what the demo of this game gives you FOR FREE, so I would grab that, even if you don't want this. Full simulation mode is great with the practice robot too, but it is totally cheap during the tournaments (unless you spend many hours in it getting better, or you play on the two easiest modes only). So yeah, this is not like real tennis, unfortunately, but it has some cool stuff that fans of the sport will like. If you have never played tennis in your life and you just want a good psvr game with rackets, then, I honestly recommend Racket Fury Table Tennis 20 times more than this. I know I completed this one too, but believe me, Racket Fury is the better VR sports game in every way, including the fact it does feel much more like real table tennis. Racket Fury is a lot better than this and that Holoball. I haven't played Sparc yet, so I don't know about that one.

And yeah, to recap, this game is easy to complete if you use the teleport mode, you abuse saving and reloading a lot for the "hard" and "very hard" challenges, and you play the World Tour in one of the easier modes. It is a somewhat mediocre arcade VR tennis game, to be 100% honest, but there are still some cool things for true tennis fans here (such as seeing yourself "playing tennis" at a beautiful tennis court at freaking 1 a.m. if you feel like it, or its practice mode with the robot and with full simulation which was very good in that practice mode).

Big Note: I played this with 1 motion controller and 1 navigation controller, which is not the same. This game is a little better and a little more enjoyable with that rare navigation controller for moving around. If you don't have a navigation controller, you can still use the dualshock 4 to throw the ball and move, but it is not the same. Honestly, unless you need a VR tennis game (which was exactly my case back then) I recommend getting Racket Fury over this. Completing the trophy list for this one wasn't much fun either (even for someone like me who did want a tennis VR game, no matter what). If you love racket sports or if you simply want a good racket-based sports game in VR, just get Racket Fury first and Holoball second. Sparc might be great too, but I never played it. Oh, and forget about 100% trophy completion in Racket Fury and Holoball, unless you are very dedicated. They both have 1 trophy that is ultra hard.... I should know, I got it for Racket Fury and got frustrated in Holoball and never got the super hard trophy.

• Like 4