Downloading Asia Region DLC to my US PSN

ngreen5556

Hi, hello!! So I’m kinda a noob at this stuff, but I recently purchased a physical copy of the Asian Region version of KH3 because I wanted to complete the separate trophy list for it on my US PSN account. However, I also hope to complete the DLC trophies on my main US account as well.

I believe I remember reading somewhere that it is possible to download dlc from another region’s store and access it on your US account, but I have been unable to find specific information. For example, assuming I was able to make an account on another country’s PSN store and find the game’s DLC for download, would I even be able to purchase it with my US credit card?

Has anyone else come across this on their road to 100% and what exactly is the work around for it?

Providing the region codes match for both the game and DLC, you can use them on any account but if they don't - you will have wasted your money on something you can't use. Also note that DLCs which are just unlock keys (i.e. anything that doesn't have an actual download), tend to be account locked so can't be used on anything other than the account that bought it.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Game/DLC sharing for PS4 should work as long as both accounts have the console set as their primary - you'll have to make sure both the game and DLC are from the same region otherwise it wont be compatible.

You can't make purchases on Asia PS stores with a US credit card (in my experience) but sites such as Playasia sell prepaid codes for any region.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Secretfoo said:

You can't make purchases on Asia PS stores with a US credit card (in my experience) but sites such as Playasia sell prepaid codes for any region.

Didn't even think of purchasing wallet funds until now. Thank you for reminding me I could do that. You're a saint!!

I'm gonna give this a shot tonight and let you guys know how it goes. Will make a post with a walkthrough if I am able to pull it off. Fingers crossed!