Petition to unlock MK 9 online trophies

Gu_bandini

39 minutes ago, HellweenYT said:

The servers were shut down without a reason. Different from other games like GTAV, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 2-3 and The Last of Us, which the companies announced months before the closing servers date. Leaving a good window to own the trophies.

Just let it P2P.

The servers did shut down for a reason this game was already ancient and went running for many many years, people had time to get the online trophies down, as long as online trophies exist this will happen so I don't really see the point in all this fuss.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, HellweenYT said:

The servers were shut down without a reason.

No they weren't. This was a GameSpy title if I remember right and was one of many that were shutdown after the new owners of the service, decided not to pay the increased maintenance fees to keep it running so they shut the whole lot down to avoid paying them, thus nuking the MP for a lot of games in the process. Now Sony has shutdown all patch support for the PS3 and Vita, there is zero chance of any changes being made to this game, now or in the future.

4 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

The servers did shut down for a reason this game was already ancient and went running for many many years, people had time to get the online trophies down, as long as online trophies exist this will happen so I don't really see the point in all this fuss.

GTA IV is from 2008 and still has Mp.

BF3 from the same year of MK9, 2011, has it's multiplayer and a lot of players.

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

No they weren't. This was a GameSpy title if I remember right and was one of many that were shutdown after the new owners of the service, decided not to pay the increased maintenance fees to keep it running so they shut the whole lot down to avoid paying them, thus nuking the MP for a lot of games in the process. Now Sony has shutdown all patch support for the PS3 and Vita, there is zero chance of any changes being made to this game, now or in the future.

GameSpy shut down in 2014 (GTA IV servers went down that year but R* brought them back).

The first trophy I owned is from MK9 and was in 2017 and I played MP., here when Ed Boon tweeted about the Mp survive in 2014  Mortal Kombat 9 will survive GameSpy server shutdown, says Boon

Edited by HellweenYT
IV missed

2 hours ago, HellweenYT said:

GTA is from 2008 and still has Mp.

BF3 from the same year of MK9, 2011, has it's multiplayer and a lot of players.

GameSpy shut down in 2014 (GTA IV servers went down that year but R* brought them back).

The first trophy I owned is from MK9 and was in 2017 and I played MP., here when Ed Boon tweeted about the Mp survive in 2014  Mortal Kombat 9 will survive GameSpy server shutdown, says Boon

Sorry - my bad, I was thinking of another game for some reason but my point still stands though, the devs are physically unable to bring these servers back, due to Sony terminating all PS3 and Vita patch support last August so no new patches can be issued. There's also the fact that all the PS3 and Vita dev kits have been returned to Sony and likely sold off for either scrap or spare parts so even if a patch was possible, there's literally no way to make one or get it approved.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

All someone has to do is create an open-source server somehow. I'd rather get the platinum trophy on the PlayStation 3 version instead of a remastered version because I feel that's missing the point. All we gamers want to do is finish our titles whenever we get time to do so. Not have a clock set for every game with online features. This is why I hope more people in the community will be able to revive old servers eventually for the majority of games, for as long as they're open-source. I mean, we pay enough money to these companies as it is, and we should be entitled to access all features at any time. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...