How to best go about getting your PS4 and PS5 Plat

RedWolfCrusader

So I bet alot of people like myself are running into this issue of PS4 games getting the PS5 treatment before they gotten the platinum for X game. For instance for FF7R I have not platinum the PS4 ver but now I am forced to get the PS5 ver for the DLC. What is the most efficient way I could go about getting both platinum's? Should I just not play the PS5 ver get it on 4 then import my save? Or is there a way to transfer the save back to the PS4 ver to pop the trophies there as well. For Avengers I chalked it up and I am just playing the PS4 ver. I feel like there HAS to be a work around besides just going from 4 to 5 with the plat or doing both separately.  

Any insight?!

If you value your time and/or have no desire to play the entirety of the game again, just complete 4 and then go to 5. General rule of thumb for all cross-progress games.

Once PS4 version is done then you no longer have to worry about it ever again and can just move on. PS5 version you'll still have to do the DLC anyway.

• Like 1

I'm compiling a list of cross-gen games with saves that I've not 100% on the PS4, I'm going to just import into the PS5 version then hide the PS4 one. I'd rather play the best version of the game than force myself to play it at a lower resolution, framerate, and slower speed, just so I can import it and get a second plat without even playing the newly enhanced edition.

But, everyone's different, if you care more about the trophies than the actual game, then as the person above said - play the inferior version then import it.

I understand the dilemma. 

But all I have to ask is

What's the point in having an upgraded ps5 version of something, if youre not going to really play that version? 

At that point, all you have is a fancy ps4. 

Personally, I find it fun to play through a game and get the trophies twice, with a year or two in between. But again, I do understand. 

From my understanding the autopop thing is a one way street, at least from what I have seen in the forums here. I  have yet to get a PS5 so can't speak from experience. 

In regards to FF7R, personally I would finish it on the PS4 then switch to the PS5 for the DLC. Beating the full game on Hard once was enough for me.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 4:14 PM, Profeelgood said:

I understand the dilemma. 

But all I have to ask is

What's the point in having an upgraded ps5 version of something, if youre not going to really play that version? 

At that point, all you have is a fancy ps4.

How does this logic work? Wouldn't playing PS4 ports on the PS5 make it the "fancy PS4"?

Presumably we all got our PS5's to play some of the PS5 exclusives like DS Remaster, Returnal and R&C:RA.

Don't get me wrong, I get what you're saying and to a degree I agree but that was a bad expression.

On 6/17/2021 at 4:45 PM, da-Noob123 said:

From my understanding the autopop thing is a one way street, at least from what I have seen in the forums here. I  have yet to get a PS5 so can't speak from experience.

Generally all the singleplayer games are one way, some exceptions exist like Ubisoft games. Although someone reported issues when jumping around to different platforms for Assassins Creed but that may have since been patched. To play things safe for that game I'd play whichever desired version to completion and then start playing on another platform if you want. Obviously read threads for the PS5 versions first just to see what issues other people encountered.

Multiplayer games should be fine to jump back and forth like Fortnite and Dead By Daylight as two examples. With Fortnite one trophy and the plat won't auto-pop, those can be obtained easy though but I'm not sure what does and doesn't pop for DBD.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 4:10 PM, turniplord said:

I'm compiling a list of cross-gen games with saves that I've not 100% on the PS4, I'm going to just import into the PS5 version then hide the PS4 one. I'd rather play the best version of the game than force myself to play it at a lower resolution, framerate, and slower speed, just so I can import it and get a second plat without even playing the newly enhanced edition.

But, everyone's different, if you care more about the trophies than the actual game, then as the person above said - play the inferior version then import it.

I care about both lol 

On 6/19/2021 at 3:31 PM, mcnichoj said:

How does this logic work? Wouldn't playing PS4 ports on the PS5 make it the "fancy PS4"?

Presumably we all got our PS5's to play some of the PS5 exclusives like DS Remaster, Returnal and R&C:RA.

Don't get me wrong, I get what you're saying and to a degree I agree but that was a bad expression.

Realistically yeah I didn't think Sony would fuck up cross generation system this bad. Look at Xbox.... this issue is non existent on that platform.