Useful bug to earn more money and XP.

lew

Discovered this bug accidentally while messing around with the sale screen. This bug allows you to sell any item for the price and XP worth of another. I will explain how below:

1. Start by creating a cheap item in a high volume
  2. once the item is created and is ready to sell, go to the sale screen and activate the sale so that you are on the screen where you pick the quantity to sell.
  3. Make the quantity whatever you want (higher = more money).
  4. Begin holding X to start the sale and before it completes, press R1 or L1 to switch to another tab on the store.
  5. Whatever item you "land" on, the item will sell for that price. You will also likely reach max level and gain infinite unlock tokens too. 
  6. You can also set up what item you land on by hovering over it on the necessary page before activating the sale on step 2.

Let me know if you try this and have any success! 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/06/2021 at 7:44 PM, FridgeMouth said:

Tried this, money didn't work however now have 25,769,804 skill points to spend 1f648.png

The items you sell will sell for the price of the item you land on when you press R1, sometimes it's hard to tell but it will work. 

Edited by lew
  • Like 1

On 06/07/2021 at 2:35 PM, FridgeMouth said:

Probably did, did you find the levelling up to be odd after? I'm currently level 15, but when I look at how much XP I need for next level on the Economy + Statistics page is shows -2146599539/0 1f631.png

Yeah, I had that all the time. most of the time I found after using the glitch the displayed XP was not accurate at all and I continued to level up correctly regardless. If not, I'd suggest earning a chunk of XP _without_ the bug, and then using the bug once more to see if it starts to display a positive number instead. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

It works but it won't give you the required levels. It does give you money but it likely wrecks your xp and chance to get the lvl 40 trophy. I hope I'm wrong though and doing something incorrect. Has anyone been able to do it successfully? Poster above saying it works doesn't have the trophies. 

43 minutes ago, Rip113 said:

It works but it won't give you the required levels. It does give you money but it likely wrecks your xp and chance to get the lvl 40 trophy. I hope I'm wrong though and doing something incorrect. Has anyone been able to do it successfully? Poster above saying it works doesn't have the trophies. 

I suggest to use this glitch only at the end of the game when you are close the 1M trophy so you can save get the trophy and then go back to the original save 

• Like 1

After lots of testing, I can say that this exploit at the very least can give you access lots of money easily and doesn't seem to impact your real xp. Like was said above, it'll show a huge negative amount of xp, but you can still gain levels doing normal challenges. I made 3 million quickly with the exploit, then set up 4 factories optimized for the different challenges, then just accepted all challenges and leveled up pretty quickly.

Thanks for finding the exploit!

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 3:37 PM, Rip113 said:

After lots of testing, I can say that this exploit at the very least can give you access lots of money easily and doesn't seem to impact your real xp. Like was said above, it'll show a huge negative amount of xp, but you can still gain levels doing normal challenges. I made 3 million quickly with the exploit, then set up 4 factories optimized for the different challenges, then just accepted all challenges and leveled up pretty quickly.

Thanks for finding the exploit!

So I used the glitch intermittently early on and then just ignored it, however I am now in the end game, have basically all other trophies but am barely level 20.... so I feel like I might have fucked something up and getting to level 40 would be an Incredible grind. Not really sure how to max experience...

Edited by Fantatier

8 minutes ago, Fantatier said:

So I used the glitch intermittently early on and then just ignored it, however I am now in the end game, have basically all other trophies but am barely level 20.... so I feel like I might have fucked something up and getting to level 40 would be an Incredible grind. Not really sure how to max experience...

Getting to level 40 is a grind either way to be honest with you. Cars are pretty good xp so set up a factory to make those and the higher end IKEA knock-off chairs too as they give a good quantity. Challenges are usually better for xp I found.

Can someone sanity check me..

I just did a robot job and got ~7k XP.

I am at Level 17 with 1'347'839 of 1'450'000 points

so I need 100k to get to the next level... so I will be producing out of my arse to just get up to the next level... How much is level 40?.... ?

[edit]

Oh goodness...

according to this (https://www.trueachievements.com/a309883/tycoon-achievement)

5'850'000 XP

fuck that grind... After having all other trophies not even being a third of the way... fuck off...

Edited by Fantatier

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Can confirm it's still working, as of this post. You will see your XP tank, but if you do it again it will reset where it was before with a few points pending what you built. I do a few portable fireplaces and then swap over to the advanced tab. Save, quit out of game completely and continue playing.