Amazing game!! (Possible Spoilers)

I’m gonna go ahead and say it. Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart is so far the best ps5 game I have played and the best R&C game since A Crack in Time. This is one of those games where even after obtaining the platinum trophy I still don’t want to put the game down, everything from the games gorgeous graphics, fun gameplay and combat, lush open environments like Sargasso and Savali that are free to explore, new moves that are useful in helping you traverse through areas (Phantom Dash, Wall Running and the Rift Tether) incredible story that’ll keep you invested and the addition of the new playable character Rivet, will keep you occupied with this game for long periods of time. Not to mention the RYNO 8 being packed with easter eggs (like Jak & Daxter, Sly Cooper) and other very cool easter eggs. For future games in this series I’d love to see more of Rivet, maybe perhaps we can get a spinoff game about her, either way I want more out of this already loveable character. Overall I think that Rift Apart is a game both longtime R&C fans and newcomers will enjoy and I give this game a 10/10. What are your thoughts on Rift Apart, would love to hear your thoughts :) 

• Like 2

I'm no R&C superfan by all means, but I've been playing every installment and the game is very enjoyable and fun.

For my liking it was a bit short - I'm missing say... 2-3 planets / 3-4 hours of content so to speak.

And I do understand this is a game 10-12 y.o. can also pick up and enjoy with a story to match (and humor adults can also pick up) but there were a few cliches too many. The Kit/Rivet split before joining up for the final fight felt really forced and some dialogue and exchanges with supporting characters are just meh.

But overall a very fun game, hell, I've enjoyed it more than Returnal and I'm sure to pick up the next installment when it comes out.

• Like 1

It's a good, fun game, but most of the plaudits it's getting are really about the PS5, fantastic graphics, instant load times etc..., as a Ratchet game it's actually quite disappointing.   I'm still waiting to see a proper review of the game that isn't lavishing praise on it because it looks so good.  It's not to say it's a bad game, far from it, but it's so sorely lacking across the board that I'm not even sure where to start.

Soundtrack was OK, but not for Ratchet, where were the funky beats and atmospheric ambience?

Enemy variety was poor.

Exploration and backtracking was nearly non-existent, it had it's moments, but once you'd done a fairly easy level, which is all of them, there was nearly no need to return, no gadgets to get and open up new areas, no tricky secrets to discover, almost every planet I went to I was done with when I left.

No races, no hacking, OK Glitch ( Clank/Kit dimension hacking was OK if not extremely easy) was fun enough but it was just more pew pew pew, no underwater, no space or ship combat, no mini planets, nothing in space at all.

NPC's were forgettable, besides the few fleeting variants of Skid, Pete and Qwark, I can't remember another NPC except Gary, who was so bland I hope to never see him again!

The arena was awful, a square box mostly with no funny commentators, no unique bosses, the same enemies over and over...it felt like an afterthought.

It wasn't funny, it's not like I was sitting throughout po-faced, I did smile a lot, but I never lol'd once and I couldn't tell you a single joke, or funny moment, unlike previous games.

Rivet and Kit I liked, both were fun and charming, but apart from being more or less reskinned R&C, I felt like I played about 70% of the game as Rivet...this is a Ratchet game, he felt like a support character.

No giant Kit gameplay, honestly when I hit the archives and Kit transformed, I genuinely thought yes, at last, giant Kit/Clank gameplay, staggeringly to see it play out as a cut scene, I mean seriously IG?

No weapon pop-ups on levelling, levelling Rivet/Ratchet meant nothing, I played the game on the highest difficulty and I've no idea what level I was when I finished.

No skill points.

Poor trophy list.

No replay value, I had the Plat in one sitting, and the prologue to get the weapon trophy.

I suppose I should say Nefarious...again, and again, and again...for the love of...give us a new villain.

There's probably a lot more I'm forgetting, but I don't mean to sound scathing, if I do, I'd prefer to be constructive with the criticism,  and I did indeed enjoy the game, but as a Ratchet game it was lacking so much, and it kept disappointing me in that respect.   Yes, it looked fantastic, best the franchise has ever looked, and the SSD is a big thumbs up but, you know, come on man!

Edited by Auto-Tomato
  • Like 1

Looked amazing but for replayability and how fun the plat was i would say its not the best ps5 game i have played. Not even the best ratchet and clank game. Call me old fashioned but i want to play as ratchet for my entire playthrough.

I even think they could have done more with the ps5 controller.

Im not gonna talk about the length of the game because i have a thread on that but i agree with @Valkirye22 that it was missing some more content without forcing you to do challenge mode (man i hate new game plus in games)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Auto-Tomato said:

No giant Kit gameplay, honestly when I hit the archives and Kit transformed, I genuinely thought yes, at last, giant Kit/Clank gameplay, staggeringly to see it play out as a cut scene, I mean seriously IG?

This as well - good point, I was hoping to have a chance when Rivet gets surrounded in the final battle.

• Like 1