When to beat the Shinra Box Buster challenges?

Hello! I wanted to ask for advice on the Materia Maven trophy from Intermission: a friend told me an easy way to do this is wait for the Hard run because the hit value of the boxes doesn't change between difficulties and I would level up Yuffie and materia by then. Is this true? I've tried the challenge last night, and it wasn't all bad, but reaching 50,000 for now seems almost impossible!

35 minutes ago, supercanaries said:

Hello! I wanted to ask for advice on the Materia Maven trophy from Intermission: a friend told me an easy way to do this is wait for the Hard run because the hit value of the boxes doesn't change between difficulties and I would level up Yuffie and materia by then. Is this true? I've tried the challenge last night, and it wasn't all bad, but reaching 50,000 for now seems almost impossible!

The challenge difficulty doesn't change but you will do more damage due to leveling. I did it in the hard playthrough as well and it seemed a bit easier.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got the Magnify Materia (Soldier level 1 prize) on my first run. Played a few time to see if I could get close to 50K on my Easy play through and found that my strength was quite low to some of the video guides I watched. You don't need the Gil Up and EXP Up Materia so I waited until the end of my Hard run ot come back to it, fully levelled up weapons etc. Still, it was quite an annoying trophy! (still not as bad as the 'Chocobo Rider' trophy from FFX). Materia Maven took my a fair few tries to get it (easily over an hour). The run i got it on I ended up with over 10 seconds to spare, go figure. 

• 2 years later...

I made a save just outside the room 

Finished the chapter (don't care about the EXP materia) so can just reload the save 

However this trophy is tedium: 

Having to interact with the panel each time if you fail makes this worse. 

Why not have a retry option?

The camera is also a menace in the middle room with the 4 time boxes

I hope Rebirth doesn't have these BS trophies - there were too many in Remake 

Jules, Weiss, Materia Maven etc.. 

• 2 months later...

I honestly found this way more difficult than Weiss.  I beat him on my first try even though I screwed up the strat in the video I was using quite a bit.

The room for error in this is ridiculously small.  Took me almost 2 hours to do this challenge.  

Edited by Snake2410