Crashes on PS5 and maybe PS4

This is just a heads up for people playing on consoles and not PC or Switch, I have encountered numerous crashes when playing the game, I don't know what the cause could've been but from what I've seen it had to be the game itself cos my other games work perfectly fine. This would be a pain if you would encounter this during your trophy hunting so be alert because i have experienced it while playing and hunting for trophies. 

I had no issues on my first playthrough, but once I started doing my later skip-throughs I hit a few crashes. Most regular point that it seemed to crash was just after the first poem in Act 2

Edit: should have mentioned, I was playing on PS4 (EU version)

Edited by BGriff1986

just finished my first playthrough on PS5 spamming through dialogue and had no issues (I played it years ago when it released so I know the story and scares etc, I just wanna have the platinum because I wanna show my love for this incredible game) I'll update on how my experience is when doing the repeat playthroughs using the skip option 

Okay so I've done 3 playthroughs of PS5 DDLC skipping dialogue etc and had absolutely no crashes. Idk what's been going on in everyone else's games but as far as I can tell its completely clear of crashes

Edited by yeeticus563
adding to original comment

On 7/8/2021 at 4:35 PM, yeeticus563 said:

just finished my first playthrough on PS5 spamming through dialogue and had no issues (I played it years ago when it released so I know the story and scares etc, I just wanna have the platinum because I wanna show my love for this incredible game) I'll update on how my experience is when doing the repeat playthroughs using the skip option 

Okay so I've done 3 playthroughs of PS5 DDLC skipping dialogue etc and had absolutely no crashes. Idk what's been going on in everyone else's games but as far as I can tell its completely clear of crashes

Hmm interesting, then for everyone it hits different, still sucks though that 1 trophy is bugged still.

1 hour ago, II-BurnedSins-II said:

Hmm interesting, then for everyone it hits different, still sucks though that 1 trophy is bugged still.

ugh yeah tell me about it, its the last thing for my ps5 plat, im holding off on the last 2 secret poems for now so that I dont mess it up for when they patch it

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
47 minutes ago, Mr_Bandicoot93 said:

How about Ps4 version on Ps5 console and ps4 on ps4 console? Is there a difference with the problems?

I did the ps4 version on the ps5 and it constantly crashes on Act 2 especially after making a poem. Can't say much on ps4 played on the ps4. Read somewhere that the game can't handle fast forward but mostly did that with the ps5 version and encountered none of the crashes I have faced while playing the ps4 version.

• 10 months later...

Old thread but I had the game slow down on me in Act 2 as well, ps4 version on ps5. Got so bad the console couldn't pull up the trophy info or anything, had to force a console restart manually.