Best places for Bandit Slingshot or Bandit Ring?

nino_mustdie

I know it’s supposed to be the Divine Cave, Wise Owl Forest, and Shipwreck but I’m not sure which floors are best.  

I spent like 15 hours on Shipwreck floor 14 but I haven’t found any bandit weapons.  (I used this area the most because of the backfloor grind.)  

Some of you might suggest the limited floors for Xiao and Ruby but I’m not sure those are completely reliable.  I used Floor 5 of Shipwreck a lot with Xiao but all I found were bunch of swords ?  

And how is this game 20 hours?? I beat this game many times on PS2 and it’s definitely not 20 hours.  Especially if you want the best weapons.

6 minutes ago, nino_mustdie said:

I know it’s supposed to be the Divine Cave, Wise Owl Forest, and Shipwreck but I’m not sure which floors are best.  

I spent like 15 hours on Shipwreck floor 14 but I haven’t found any bandit weapons.  (I used this area the most because of the backfloor grind.)  

Some of you might suggest the limited floors for Xiao and Ruby but I’m not sure those are completely reliable.  I used Floor 5 of Shipwreck a lot with Xiao but all I found were bunch of swords 1f611.png  

And how is this game 20 hours?? I beat this game many times on PS2 and it’s definitely not 20 hours.  Especially if you want the best weapons.

You can easily create the best weapons with the broken dagger glitch. I found it on floor 12 of shipwreck myself if I remember correctly (Ruby’s floor). 

• Like 1

It's been forever since I've played the first Dark Cloud but I'm pretty sure I also found at least the Bandit Slingshot in the first dungeon. Also, the trophies don't even require you to do the bonus dungeon and if you hard focus Toan and Ruby it's kinda natural to max a weapon even without the glitch.

• Like 1

I've always found the bandit slingshot early in the wise owl forest or late floors of the divine caves, even back from the PS2 days. Almost in abundance in some pts. I think the earlier you do it, the more likely you'll be able to get it since some weapons are only found in certain areas and are locked until you get certain characters. Might be why I was always able to find it before Gordo joins the crew...

People use the dagger glitch to beat the game in 20 hours (I think it was patched out though), but it's so unecessary since you can pretty much run through most bosses with Toan+long range attacker. Personally, I always loved Xiao and Osmond, but Ruby is good too. Especially for the final boss battle.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

After 35 hours with this game, I finally found the Bandit Slingshot on the Xiao-only floor of the Divine Beast Cave.  

It was not in the back floor and I constantly reloaded my save after I didn’t get a weapons chest on the floor.  

This trophy is super annoying.  

• 2 years later...

I was able to find the bandit slingshot on Floor 9 of the Divine Beast Cave after farming the floor just 2 times. From what I understand it is better to do this before recruiting anyone other than Xiao as your potential loot pool is much smaller than if you had all the party members.