New copies no longer come with Skate.Share code?

Dreakon139

Just bought the game new (thankfully for only $20) and I've opened the case up to find that there was no code for the skate.share DLC. It was to my knowledge that new copies specifically came with that to discourage people from buying used... as typically is the case with games and online passes these days. I read a little closer and it says the Serial Code expires May 11, 2011... so I guess I should've read the really fine print on the back of the case, but still.

Kind of sucks, that's the whole reason I didn't buy the game used and now I can't platinum the game until I spend another $10 on this stupid DLC. Am I missing something or did EA just swipe a few extra bucks from me buying this new?

I read a little closer and it says the Serial Code expires May 11, 2011... so I guess I should've read the really fine print on the back of the case, but still.

Kind of sucks, that's the whole reason I didn't buy the game used

It kind of makes you wonder, doesn't it. Yes, you bought the game new, but maybe not "new" enough.....like $60 new. Sounds to me as if they have the dates figured out to about the time they know a game will drop in price, and therefore the supposedly "free" DLC no longer applies.

IMHO, if the game was purchased new, regardless if it was for $20 or $60, the code offered should be valid with no experation.

Shit. I had it confused with Skate.Create. Didn't see that the share pass isn't on the PSN store. Fuck it. Not even worth it just to get a couple trophies. I'd rather spend my money on the other DLC.

(Unless anyone is down for splitting the cost and gamesharing all of it, but I don't know whether or not gamesharing is frowned upon here or even against the rules.)

No kidding.

Honestly though, I loved playing other users parks in Tony Hawk 3 on the PC back in the day. Maybe I could get into this (and make myself eligible for the platinum in the process). I didn't want to spend that much on this, but it's my game now... might as well get the most out of it. :)

(Unless anyone is down for splitting the cost and gamesharing all of it, but I don't know whether or not gamesharing is frowned upon here or even against the rules.)

I'm guessing it most likely is frowned upon. I'm not sure how you'd split the cost of DLC anyways lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...