Emmajessica12's measly trophy log

emmajessica12

2 hours ago, emmajessica12 said:

Thank you for such a lovely comment! Yeah, I love trying all different types of game, I’m beginning to think my favourite is RPGs/ JRPGs and simulation/management games. As they are the ones I have get the most enjoyment out of. My boyfriends favourite is JRPGs as well, so we have loads of them which is great. 
Yeah, at first I was like ‘sure, I’ll play a game or two with you’ and here I am a year later with my own account and nearly 10 platinum trophies! I had played a few games growing up but my dad never advanced past the PS2 so I didn’t know much  about games apart from Dragon Quest 8, Lord of the Rings Third Age, Kingdom Hearts, Champions of Norrath and Crash Bandicoot 3 (which I didn’t even know was the 3rd one). So when I started going over to my boyfriends he had this awesome collection of games and I was intrigued. Now it’s my number one hobby. 
I can imagine, gaming itself is great, but having someone you can talk to about is even better. I love talking strategy, what to play next etc. with Joe, I think it makes the whole experience better. Are you the same with your brother? 
I hope to keep you entertained with my progress in future posts 1f60a.png

RPGs are fantastic. I started out with RPGs myself. In fact the only reason I bought an old PS3 several years back was so I could play Skyrim for fun, and that turned into a bunch of other RPGs like Dragon Age and Dragon’s Dogma (amazing game btw, it’s kind of a mix between RPG/JRPG so you guys would probably love it), and eventually lead to me getting the platinum for Demon’s Souls. After the challenge of that first platinum I was totally hooked on collecting trophies and decided to go back and started cleaning up all those RPGs.

I agree that having someone to talk shop with is great, and yes my brother fills that role for me. It’s nice having someone to discuss trophies and games with and recommend games to one another. There’s a real social element to trophy hunting for many people that really enhances the experience. ?

• 6 months later...

Well guys, I failed at keeping this updated. I actually took a break from gaming (on playstation, Fire Emblem Three Houses took up a lot of my time) for a while. Life got hectic, my mental health was awful and I just wasn't enjoying any hobby I tried. For those that I care, I am a home carer, so I go into elderly people's houses and help them with whatever they need. I love my job but it is mentally draining. But now I am back and enjoying games all over again. So on with the gaming updates, last time I updated I was working on the Dragon Quest XI platinum, I got that of course, the trophy list is actually easy just time consuming. Dragon Quest XI is now one of my favourite games EVER! The characters are incredible, the story is intriguing and the world is great to explore. I already know in the future I will be replaying it and getting the Platinum again as we own the Definitive Edition as well. 

I also got Platinum 11 a couple of weeks ago by playing Ni No Kuni 2. I have very mixed feelings on this game. I've completed most of the DLC as well, however, I feel like I'm done with it. I'm only level 142 and the Solosseum is killing me pretty fast. Maybe one day I will go and grind more levels to do it, but I was ready to walk away and start a new game. I cannot decide if I enjoyed the first Ni No Kuni game more than this one or not. I feel like the second adds too many elements but doesn't develop them enough. The town building was a little underwhelming for me as someone who loves town building/ simulation games. Has anyone reading this played this game? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

I did start Dragon Quest Builders, but that is definitely a game I will just play whenever the mood takes me and while I play my main games. 

For the past couple of days I've been playing Batman Arkham Asylum on PS3. I wanted to play it as I really enjoyed Spider-man and Joe said Batman was a slightly worse version (due to how awesome Spider-Man is!) I've completed the story without many problems, but I got bored of getting all of those collectibles. The jank is bad, the camera angles are sometimes all over the place and I hate being in detective mode all the time to get them, my poor eyes couldn't take it. One day I will load it back up and get all the collectibles for the trophies but I know I won't be getting platinum on it. I don't want to play it on hard mode, I wasn't good enough at the game to do it again without the hit detection thing above the enemies head. I also think the trophy for doing all the moves in one combo is impossible for me.

As for what I am currently playing I decided to start the behemoth game that is Persona 5 Royal. I only started it Sunday night so I am not very far into it, I'm still in the first palace and only have 3 trophies, but so far I'm loving it so much. The graphics are the best I've seen and the story is super interesting. So I probably won't be getting the platinum anytime soon as I've seen it is about 110 hours to play/ platinum.

So that's all for my update I think. Hopefully, I'll remember to keep it updated now I'm back on the gaming!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, emmajessica12 said:

I also got Platinum 11 a couple of weeks ago by playing Ni No Kuni 2. I have very mixed feelings on this game. I've completed most of the DLC as well, however, I feel like I'm done with it. I'm only level 142 and the Solosseum is killing me pretty fast. Maybe one day I will go and grind more levels to do it, but I was ready to walk away and start a new game. I cannot decide if I enjoyed the first Ni No Kuni game more than this one or not. I feel like the second adds too many elements but doesn't develop them enough. The town building was a little underwhelming for me as someone who loves town building/ simulation games. Has anyone reading this played this game? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

I did - and a lot of my sentients echoed your own, though I ended up firmly preferring the second game by the end of it.

I think the art is a a little stronger in the first one, (the hand-drawn animated sections are a big part of that)  but I ended up liking the story of the second one more overall, and while there were some parts I didn't like (the RTS battles mostly) I liked the world design and the characters more in the second, thought the pace was better, and thought the combat was much more fun!

I did start Dragon Quest Builders, but that is definitely a game I will just play whenever the mood takes me and while I play my main games. 

For the past couple of days I've been playing Batman Arkham Asylum on PS3. I wanted to play it as I really enjoyed Spider-man and Joe said Batman was a slightly worse version (due to how awesome Spider-Man is!) I've completed the story without many problems, but I got bored of getting all of those collectibles. The jank is bad, the camera angles are sometimes all over the place and I hate being in detective mode all the time to get them, my poor eyes couldn't take it. One day I will load it back up and get all the collectibles for the trophies but I know I won't be getting platinum on it. I don't want to play it on hard mode, I wasn't good enough at the game to do it again without the hit detection thing above the enemies head. I also think the trophy for doing all the moves in one combo is impossible for me.

That's funny - I always thought of Spiderman as the slightly worse version of Arkham Asylum ?

Both great though - I think Asylum is much trickier with the combat as you say - and it does have that awful Killer Croc section - I never liked that bit at all!

BTW - That Freeflow Perfection trophy can seem very tough at first, but actually, you might surprise yourself - if you make sure to have an order worked out, and do the hardest ones first (for me, that's counter), then just always end every move by hitting double :cross: over and over, so you keep flipping guys, and you have a chance to plan the next move, it can become quite manageable!

As for what I am currently playing I decided to start the behemoth game that is Persona 5 Royal. I only started it Sunday night so I am not very far into it, I'm still in the first palace and only have 3 trophies, but so far I'm loving it so much. The graphics are the best I've seen and the story is super interesting. So I probably won't be getting the platinum anytime soon as I've seen it is about 110 hours to play/ platinum.

Ermegerd... it's so good! 

Have fun... actually, I know you will! ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I did - and a lot of my sentients echoed your own, though I ended up firmly preferring the second game by the end of it.

I think the art is a a little stronger in the first one, (the hand-drawn animated sections are a big part of that)  but I ended up liking the story of the second one more overall, and while there were some parts I didn't like (the RTS battles mostly) I liked the world design and the characters more in the second, thought the pace was better, and thought the combat was much more fun!

That's funny - I always thought of Spiderman as the slightly worse version of Arkham Asylum 1f602.png

Both great though - I think Asylum is much trickier with the combat as you say - and it does have that awful Killer Croc section - I never liked that bit at all!

BTW - That Freeflow Perfection trophy can seem very tough at first, but actually, you might surprise yourself - if you make sure to have an order worked out, and do the hardest ones first (for me, that's counter), then just always end every move by hitting double :cross: over and over, so you keep flipping guys, and you have a chance to plan the next move, it can become quite manageable!

Ermegerd... it's so good! 

Have fun... actually, I know you will! 1f61c.png

Yeah I think the art style for the second Ni No Kuni is better, and the characters weren’t really as annoying as Ester and Swaine. I loved Roland, he could cut down enemies fast. The combat was a huge improvement than the first one, the characters you didn’t play as didn’t die as often, I did find sometimes they still wasn’t helpful. I would definitely play a third game if they came out with one!

ooh, what makes you like Batman more? Did you play the PS4 version? I saw there was such thing after I started the PS3 version? As for the combo trophy I would love to give it another try but probably won’t happen, same with getting the 40x combo. I sucked at combos. To get the 20x combo I rode a Titan and made them hit the normal henchman 20 times haha.

As for P5R thank you! I know I’ll have fun too. I’m ready to sink my life into this game. Any advice (spoiler free of course!) is always welcome! My boyfriend started but didn’t finish it, so his only advice was play it on easy as Persona games are hard haha!

Edited by emmajessica12
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, emmajessica12 said:

Yeah I think the art style for the second Ni No Kuni is better, and the characters weren’t really as annoying as Ester and Swaine. I loved Roland, he could cut down enemies fast. The combat was a huge improvement than the first one, the characters you didn’t play as didn’t die as often, I did find sometimes they still wasn’t helpful. I would definitely play a third game if they came out with one!

me too - and actually, I 'd really hope they stick with the formula of going with a completely different story / world each time - like Final Fantasy or something - but just with that unique Ghibli style as the only cohesive factor between them!

ooh, what makes you like Batman more? Did you play the PS4 version? I saw there was such thing after I started the PS3 version? As for the combo trophy I would love to give it another try but probably won’t happen, same with getting the 40x combo. I sucked at combos. To get the 20x combo I rode a Titan and made them hit the normal henchman 20 times haha.

Haha, well, someone my Batman preference, I'm sure, is just old loyalty - I was a DC kid growing up, and still have shelves and shelves of Batman trade paperbacks cluttering up my house... along with most of the DC canon! ?

I was never much into the Marvel stuff growing up, so I didn't have any Spiderman love coming in... though I did love that game...

It's also partly just the atmosphere though, which I think is amazing in Arkham Asylum -  and the style - I like an open world game plenty, but I think a 3D Metroidvania is harder to do right - and good ones are much rarer, so when Arkham Asylum came out, it blew me away!

Actually, I've liked each Arkham game less than the one before - and I think that's because they head away from the Metroidvania style, and more into open world - and I'd say Spiderman is better at that end of the playfield.

For me, that list would most likely go Arkham Asylum > Spiderman > Arkham City > Arkham Knight 

As for P5R thank you! I know I’ll fun too. I’m ready to sink my life into this game. Any advice (spoiler free of course!) is always welcome! My boyfriend started but didn’t finish it, so his only advice was play it on easy as Persona games are hard haha!

Honestly - the advantage to Royal (as I understand it - I've only played Royal) is that you don't really need to worry about anything... it's fairly lenient, so my best advice is probably to not worry too much about trying to do everything you can do on the social side of the game - there's too much to do everything!

Just pick the stuff you like, and don't worry too much about missing stuff - there is waaaay less missable stuff in P5R than there was in, say, P4G - I played guide-free for the most part (just looked up a few combinations for getting some Personas I like), and still got the plat just fine - and had a great time!

19 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

me too - and actually, I 'd really hope they stick with the formula of going with a completely different story / world each time - like Final Fantasy or something - but just with that unique Ghibli style as the only cohesive factor between them!

Haha, well, someone my Batman preference, I'm sure, is just old loyalty - I was a DC kid growing up, and still have shelves and shelves of Batman trade paperbacks cluttering up my house... along with most of the DC canon! 1f602.png

I was never much into the Marvel stuff growing up, so I didn't have any Spiderman love coming in... though I did love that game...

It's also partly just the atmosphere though, which I think is amazing in Arkham Asylum -  and the style - I like an open world game plenty, but I think a 3D Metroidvania is harder to do right - and good ones are much rarer, so when Arkham Asylum came out, it blew me away!

Actually, I've liked each Arkham game less than the one before - and I think that's because they head away from the Metroidvania style, and more into open world - and I'd say Spiderman is better at that end of the playfield.

For me, that list would most likely go Arkham Asylum > Spiderman > Arkham City > Arkham Knight 

Honestly - the advantage to Royal (as I understand it - I've only played Royal) is that you don't really need to worry about anything... it's fairly lenient, so my best advice is probably to not worry too much about trying to do everything you can do on the social side of the game - there's too much to do everything!

Just pick the stuff you like, and don't worry too much about missing stuff - there is waaaay less missable stuff in P5R than there was in, say, P4G - I played guide-free for the most part (just looked up a few combinations for getting some Personas I like), and still got the plat just fine - and had a great time!

Ah that’s fair then! I’m more into Marvel then DC, but I’m only a movie watcher, not a comic reader. I much prefer the Marvel movies, however I am behind on the DC movies. And I did love the atmosphere of Arkham Asylum, the map was just right the size etc. The main gripe was just feeling like I had to have detective mode on all the time to see all the wires and hidden parts. The colours of detective mode hurt my eyes something fierce. 

Ah that’s good to know, that’s what has put me off P4G, the fact you have to play it twice to get platinum, it’s something I want to do at some point but having to do it twice is slightly off putting at the moment. It’s good to know there’s not much missable stuff. I’m super excited for the social side of things and to see what I like doing and which I don’t. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Weekly update!

No platinum this week, but that’s to be expected seeing as I’m playing the behemoth that is Persona 5 Royal. I have been doing exceptionally well I think though. I’ve been playing P5R for 2 weeks now and I’ve put 36 hours into! I am honestly loving every second of the game. I’ve just finished off the 3rd palace and I’m excited to see where the story is going. I’m currently on 29 out of 54 trophies! I do think I’ve figured out a few story points, but I can’t tell if I’ve been clever or the game makes it obvious? 

I will say though this is my first Persona game and playing it does give me slight anxiety. When you have free time, I am always worrying that I’m doing the ‘wrong thing’ I know technically there isn’t a right and wrong. Unlike the base Persona 5, you don’t have to max all social links and do everything, so I don’t really need to be so anxious about not being able to get the platinum in one play through. I am spending time working on the important Confidants, like the ones in my party and the Councillor which I red for the true ending. I’m also working on my social stats as I do need to max them out for a trophy, but wow, does it take a while to get the knowledge stat up. 

Also the soundtrack is now stuck in my brain. I’ll be at work and find myself humming one of the songs. It’s definitely one of those games that makes you sit and think about it when you aren’t playing it. I mean do you ever come across an horrible person while out in the real world and think to yourself ‘well, they would certainly have some distorted desires’ because I do now…

In the past week, I also played some Two Point Hospital and some Sims 4. I have earned 2 TPH trophies and 1 on sims 4. Which means I’m slowly getting down my unearned trophies. I’ve managed to finish of the Remix levels finally. The last level was giving me trouble so I took a break from playing the game for a few months and when I came back to it managed to do the level the first time I tried. I also managed to do a main game level that was giving me trouble. Hopefully if I can keep up this momentum I will have the platinum soon, then I can buy Two Point Campus without feeling guilty. 

I’ve been thinking about the next game I might play, even though that is way, way into the future seeing as I have so much left of Persona 5 Royal. However, I like having a idea of what I might be potentially playing next, I find if I don’t that’s when I start loads of games and abandon them because I don’t want to play that game right away. Especially when I finish a huge game, that’s what happened when I finished Dragon Quest XI. Therefore I think, once I’ve finished Persona 5 Royal, I am planning on playing Persona 5 Dancing. I really enjoyed Persona 3 Dancing when I played that last year. I think it will help me ease myself out of the P5 world and means the game that I pick after that will be judged fairly. 

I think that’s all for my update. I rambled a little towards the end there haha. I just love talking about games and planning what I might play next. Gets me excited to play my current game if I’m feeling meh, but also gets me excited for my next game.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, emmajessica12 said:

Weekly update!

No platinum this week, but that’s to be expected seeing as I’m playing the behemoth that is Persona 5 Royal. I have been doing exceptionally well I think though. I’ve been playing P5R for 2 weeks now and I’ve put 36 hours into! I am honestly loving every second of the game. I’ve just finished off the 3rd palace and I’m excited to see where the story is going. I’m currently on 29 out of 54 trophies! I do think I’ve figured out a few story points, but I can’t tell if I’ve been clever or the game makes it obvious? 

I will say though this is my first Persona game and playing it does give me slight anxiety. When you have free time, I am always worrying that I’m doing the ‘wrong thing’ I know technically there isn’t a right and wrong. Unlike the base Persona 5, you don’t have to max all social links and do everything, so I don’t really need to be so anxious about not being able to get the platinum in one play through. I am spending time working on the important Confidants, like the ones in my party and the Councillor which I red for the true ending. I’m also working on my social stats as I do need to max them out for a trophy, but wow, does it take a while to get the knowledge stat up. 

Also the soundtrack is now stuck in my brain. I’ll be at work and find myself humming one of the songs. It’s definitely one of those games that makes you sit and think about it when you aren’t playing it. I mean do you ever come across an horrible person while out in the real world and think to yourself ‘well, they would certainly have some distorted desires’ because I do now…

In the past week, I also played some Two Point Hospital and some Sims 4. I have earned 2 TPH trophies and 1 on sims 4. Which means I’m slowly getting down my unearned trophies. I’ve managed to finish of the Remix levels finally. The last level was giving me trouble so I took a break from playing the game for a few months and when I came back to it managed to do the level the first time I tried. I also managed to do a main game level that was giving me trouble. Hopefully if I can keep up this momentum I will have the platinum soon, then I can buy Two Point Campus without feeling guilty. 

I’ve been thinking about the next game I might play, even though that is way, way into the future seeing as I have so much left of Persona 5 Royal. However, I like having a idea of what I might be potentially playing next, I find if I don’t that’s when I start loads of games and abandon them because I don’t want to play that game right away. Especially when I finish a huge game, that’s what happened when I finished Dragon Quest XI. Therefore I think, once I’ve finished Persona 5 Royal, I am planning on playing Persona 5 Dancing. I really enjoyed Persona 3 Dancing when I played that last year. I think it will help me ease myself out of the P5 world and means the game that I pick after that will be judged fairly. 

I think that’s all for my update. I rambled a little towards the end there haha. I just love talking about games and planning what I might play next. Gets me excited to play my current game if I’m feeling meh, but also gets me excited for my next game.

I feel you. I was the same like "Will I complete all social ranks in one playtrough?" but believe me you will have a lot of free time and no spoilers here but there will be a person later in the game which makes your life easier to fill up the confidents and your social ranks. I'm sure you will know what I'm talking about when you meet the person. For the story itself it will blew your mind because you will never expect the ending. It's a shame that I didn't played this game for so long. It was one of the best games which I've ever played. The music, the style, the story, the  characters, the story, everything about this game is beautiful. 

7 minutes ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

I feel you. I was the same like "Will I complete all social ranks in one playtrough?" but believe me you will have a lot of free time and no spoilers here but there will be a person later in the game which makes your life easier to fill up the confidents and your social ranks. I'm sure you will know what I'm talking about when you meet the person. For the story itself it will blew your mind because you will never expect the ending. It's a shame that I didn't played this game for so long. It was one of the best games which I've ever played. The music, the style, the story, the  characters, the story, everything about this game is beautiful. 

Oooh, that’s great to know. I can stop worrying over that now haha. Thank you for telling me that. Yeah I definitely agree, I wish I had played it sooner too. I think everyone talking about it being so long put up off, but at 36 hours in, I could easily play it for another 100 hours. Also yeah, everything about this game is gorgeous. I don’t know how they made it so good. 

• Like 2