Game Keeps Crashing on the Weekend Scene

It keeps crashing near/at the end of the manual 'Weekend' scene.

I keep getting ce-34878-0 sometime near the end of the second day.

Skip works, but I do need that picture you get for not using 'skip'.

Anyone else having this problem?

Edited by Jamescush147

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UPDATE for future reference:

Got it to work after quite a few tries.  Skip will negate the promo from popping, and just button mashing or auto-ing through is tedious and will likely cause a crash.  As one guide suggested though, if you go to settings -> main menu it will speed up time to the next time of day (day, evening, night).  This was the only way I got this to work.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 8/27/2021 at 8:49 PM, KCF392 said:

UPDATE for future reference:

Got it to work after quite a few tries.  Skip will negate the promo from popping, and just button mashing or auto-ing through is tedious and will likely cause a crash.  As one guide suggested though, if you go to settings -> main menu it will speed up time to the next time of day (day, evening, night).  This was the only way I got this to work.

Finally got back to this and it worked!

And just got the Plat as well. :highfive:

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2021 at 8:12 PM, Jamescush147 said:

It keeps crashing near/at the end of the manual 'Weekend' scene.

I keep getting ce-34878-0 sometime near the end of the second day.

Skip works, but I do need that picture you get for not using 'skip'.

Anyone else having this problem?

I think this is supposed to happen because it seems to happen every time without fail when you scroll through it.

It's kind of like a puzzle as you're supposed to make it through the entire weekend without hitting "skip" to unlock one of the photos, but if you do that, the game crashes.

Spoiler

but if you save the game and reload it, it "fast forwards" 8 hours (kind of like GTA) and you can get through the weekend without hitting skip

On 12/26/2021 at 4:10 PM, CuteBoringLove said:

I think this is supposed to happen because it seems to happen every time without fail when you scroll through it.

It's kind of like a puzzle as you're supposed to make it through the entire weekend without hitting "skip" to unlock one of the photos, but if you do that, the game crashes.

Hide contents

but if you save the game and reload it, it "fast forwards" 8 hours (kind of like GTA) and you can get through the weekend without hitting skip

I didn’t know this was a bug.  I ended up button mashing through the entire weekend scene and came out just fine.