No Shows in Sessions.

M37h3w3

Offtopic because none of the other categories fit.

I'm getting increasingly aggravated and frustrated over the number of no shows I get for sessions. Out of the dozens of sessions I've made, only 4-5 have even gotten off the ground. The others never get off the ground because somebody signed up and then didn't show up. I will admit that I'm new to boosting on the PS3 so I don't know if this is par for the course. I've boosted plenty of times for my XBox titles and have had little to no problems with this.

What is going on? Is expecting someone to show for a session that they said they would show for asking too much? Should I ask for twenty people to join when I only need three and take the first three who are online?

Like I said I'm getting increasingly aggravated and frustrated. As I type this coming down from a session that failed to start because the third person needed didn't show. We even waited to 15 after before giving up.

Yeah this doesn't surprise me a whole lot. Try to find a few people that you can generally rely on and play a bunch of games with those people. Head to the CB here, check it out, ask the people there because they are generally a lot more active.

Also, as you've said, set up the session to allow a larger amount of people. Bottom line is that you are taking the initiative to set something up, so you should get the trophy you want along with whoever shows up.

Haven't tried the gaming sessions (since normally I don't boost) but I can understand your frustration.  I see it as if they don't show then it is a lack of respect to the other gamers, plus there is always the "what if" they didn't sign up and someone more willing to boost signed up in their place.  As BeautifulTorment said, make the size of the sign ups larger and just take what you need.

Had this issue a few times myself and its more annoying when the session creater fails to show. Thats the piss taker.

However I can honestly say keep on trying. You will eventually find those rare few guys that end up being a permanent gaming buddy by the end of the session and more often than not there quite willing to help and visa versa. Maybe try joining a session that isnt boosting priority and meet or gain a few folks that way. They are out there. Just unfortunate that you have to work your way through the majority to find them  :rolleyes:

That happened to me on a few sesssions before I stoped boosting (because I don't need it for now). And yes the only way to solve the problem is to ask for more people to join, even if at some point that means leaving someone out, it wont happen too often though.

Another thing I liketo do is keep a "blacklist" with all the people that failed to show on one of my sessions so I never let them join another one.