Frackin' Trophy Thoughts?

MikeCheck--

Just did a quick play through tonight and came out with 66% completion. Everything else looks very doable (hopefully someone will make a collectible guide) with the lone exception of the trophy for beating the game on hard.

I didn’t actually start hard since I had just finished the whole game in one sitting and was a bit tired, but when I read the description and the additional descriptive text when you select it I became a bit worried. Hard mode appears to give you one life with which to clear the entire game, and noted that quitting will reset your save. Again, I haven’t actually checked, but this may mean you can’t even savescum it every time you clear a level. Seems like it could be a legitimately brutal trophy. The game wasn’t outrageously hard, but I most certainly died on the way through and encountered a death that absolutely felt like a bug (the final ski jump didn’t launch me far enough to get into the portal on the penultimate level so I died after the screen faded out).

It’s definitely a bit of a shame. The game was superb and I can sort of already see myself getting frustrated at this one. I’ll give it a swing tomorrow, I guess.

Edited by liammill18

On 8/20/2021 at 11:31 PM, liammill18 said:

Hard mode appears to give you one life with which to clear the entire game, and noted that quitting will reset your save. Again, I haven’t actually checked, but this may mean you can’t even savescum it every time you clear a level. 

Really easy and fun trophy list except for hard mode. Yes no save scumming. You’d have to quit the game to back up a save. Quitting means you’re reset. The description even says “this is meant as a one life, one play through option.” It was extremely hard though. 

Edited by MikeCheck--

• 4 months later...

How, exactly, is this a "really easy" trophy list when that trophy for completing the game on Hard sounds pretty rough? One life? No save scumming? You die it's game over and back to the start you go? Sorry but that doesn't sound very easy. Doesn't sound very enjoyable either. I might pass on this game because my temper's bad enough. Asshole trophies like this will just make me want to Hulk smash everything.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2021 at 11:55 PM, MrTacoNinja said:

How, exactly, is this a "really easy" trophy list when that trophy for completing the game on Hard sounds pretty rough? One life? No save scumming? You die it's game over and back to the start you go? Sorry but that doesn't sound very easy. Doesn't sound very enjoyable either. I might pass on this game because my temper's bad enough. Asshole trophies like this will just make me want to Hulk smash everything.

I should clarify, the list as a whole is fair and enjoyable when compared to other VR games like Doom 3 (100+ collectibles, beat the game multiple times). The hard mode really isn't that bad if you just play the game as intended and don't run out guns blazing and die like an idiot. Take it slow and stealthy. This game is simply phenomenal and is absolutely worth a play. Top 10 PSVR game for me.

However, I know you have a bad temper so that one trophy would ruin it for you. I'll say this, the game on Hard once you know what to do, can be done in 100 minutes. So it isn't that bad.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

I should clarify, the list as a whole is fair and enjoyable when compared to other VR games like Doom 3 (100+ collectibles, beat the game multiple times). The hard mode really isn't that bad if you just play the game as intended and don't run out guns blazing and die like an idiot. Take it slow and stealthy. This game is simply phenomenal and is absolutely worth a play. Top 10 PSVR game for me.

However, I know you have a bad temper so that one trophy would ruin it for you. I'll say this, the game on Hard once you know what to do, can be done in 100 minutes. So it isn't that bad.

Is the gameplay like Blood & Truth? Fun game, that one was... except for that one DLC trophy ? 

2 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Is the gameplay like Blood & Truth? Fun game, that one was... except for that one DLC trophy 1f621.png 

It's not on rails, it's completely open design levels. Think like Uncharted, you've got to get from point A to B but how you get there is somewhat up to you! The controls are the best I've seen with PS Move controllers. Seriously! Give it a go!! 

Visually the game looks damn good, the voice acting is spot on too

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/16/2022 at 1:20 PM, Megaman80 said:

the game looks very tempting. How is the motion sickness factor?

i managed trough walking deag saints & sinners without the biggest of problems. but this seems lika a bit more fast paced which has me worried.

and its 45% off right now!

I cannot speak personally as I hardly get motion sickness, but my spouse got it pretty badly here. The skiing sections being the only ones that do have motion sickness

• 7 months later...

Motion sickness?! I have had it with these mother Frackin posts on this mother Frackin page!

On 3/23/2022 at 8:38 AM, MikeCheck-- said:

I cannot speak personally as I hardly get motion sickness, but my spouse got it pretty badly here. The skiing sections being the only ones that do have motion sickness

https://tenor.com/view/infernal-osrs-gif-25226745 [Samuel L. Jackson gif won't post]

Edited by poetic_justice_