Mystery Mode

Trumpet_Boi_208

I only need to earn an SS Rank on four more Effect Modes before I earn "Seriously? Seriously." However, Mystery Mode is doing my head in, because the combination of certain random events at a high speed feels completely unfair. Does anyone have any tips or strategies that can help make this more doable? Thanks!

Off the top of my head...

1) The higher the level you start on the more points you get, so start on the highest level you feel comfortable on. (Level 13 is my go to.)
2) Unless you're confident in your ability, it's usually better to aim for tetrises instead of T-spins, because the latter can get messed up more easily if the board shifts sideways. That being said, getting T-spins only takes up two lines instead of four, so if you see an opportunity to score one quickly, take it.
3) There are ways you can get one or two T-spin doubles quickly in the first 14 moves or even a T-spin triple. It's a good way of scoring a few points early.
4) Whenever the board turns gold, aim for tetrises/T-spins instead of scoring a few lines.
5) Only go for single/double/triple lines towards the end of the gold phase if it looks like you can't set anything up in time.
6) Accept that sometimes you're going to lose because of bad luck. It happens to us all.

• Like 2

Endless mode and pray for good RNG. You think you have it under control but then the game decides to flip the board, speed everything up and drop a giant T piece in a matter of seconds.

When I did clear it, the game blessed me with an All Clear which saved my ass. Keep at it and you'll get lucky eventually.

• Like 3