Ecto-Won help

ClearVHS

41 minutes ago, SideofMK said:

I can only see you time for AUS 1k, would you be able to set a new slower time somewhere ? closest i got near perfect was 4 seconds behind.

When I did my gold times run, none of my times saved, only the DLC ones and that one AUS did. I did that 1k AUS run before I even knew how to do KERS corners properly, so it's an easy time to beat once you take the shortcut too. I'm not sure why but I just tried again and it won't let me save any times.

1 hour ago, willmill97 said:

Make sure you press and let go of R2 3 times in each KERS corner, take the hard right along the wooden boards near the beginning, and take the massive jump to the right in the tram section midway through.

Thank you, Kers corner helped a ton.

• 1 month later...

I finaly managed to overcome my troubles with this trophy, so my tip for Ecto-win trophy in 2021:
when trying to beat time of your friend (or your alt-account) - do it on your FIRST ATTEMPT/LAP! The regular manual uploads no longer work and result in error, only top1000 results get uploaded after finishing time trials (as of October 2021). So your friends time should be in the top1000 leaderboard, preferably in the lower portion of it, for ease of beating. It should be displayed in a small table after choosing class and track. Also when starting the race You should get a notification "Friendname's ghost failed to download". Its all fine as long as you beat his Top1000 score on the first try. Otherwise your own local ghost will be saved and all later attempts in same track and class will be against yourself (message at the start "Yourname ghost failed to download") and trophy will not pop even if you make an improvement. If you fail your first try/lap - pause the game and quit immediately via PS button and NOT the "Finish session". DO NOT race against your own ghost. If you do not have friends with time in top1000, make an alt account and set a time in the very tail end of that leaderboard. Good luck!

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 10/30/2021 at 3:50 PM, Brunsvikas said:

I finaly managed to overcome my troubles with this trophy, so my tip for Ecto-win trophy in 2021:
when trying to beat time of your friend (or your alt-account) - do it on your FIRST ATTEMPT/LAP! The regular manual uploads no longer work and result in error, only top1000 results get uploaded after finishing time trials (as of October 2021). So your friends time should be in the top1000 leaderboard, preferably in the lower portion of it, for ease of beating. It should be displayed in a small table after choosing class and track. Also when starting the race You should get a notification "Friendname's ghost failed to download". Its all fine as long as you beat his Top1000 score on the first try. Otherwise your own local ghost will be saved and all later attempts in same track and class will be against yourself (message at the start "Yourname ghost failed to download") and trophy will not pop even if you make an improvement. If you fail your first try/lap - pause the game and quit immediately via PS button and NOT the "Finish session". DO NOT race against your own ghost. If you do not have friends with time in top1000, make an alt account and set a time in the very tail end of that leaderboard. Good luck!

This still works Dec 2023

do it on your FIRST ATTEMPT/LAP! is simply not true. I got mine at Lap 3. Here are some things I noticed while going for the trophy;

- As long as you have a friend time on the top left corner at the start of the game, once you beat it you will get the trophy.

- You can still post a time on the leaderboard even if the game says ghost upload failed. The Leaderboard seems to go down only to around 590 people so you have to post a lap time first with an alt better than the last person if you don't have any friend scores.

- DLC maps (Canada, China, India) are much more common places to find your friend's old scores.

- You don't have to press :triangle: for Leaderboards or select any ghost, just wait on this screen down below a little bit, and if your friends posted a time it will show up. Each class 1000-2000-3000 cc) leaderboard is different try to switch first if you can't find any friends.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

hello, I can't get the trophy for the VAT, I'm connected to racenet on my computer, when selecting the circuit I have friends who have time, during the launch I see my ghost, but it's impossible to upload my time, who can help me?

thank you

Edited by DaivRules

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2024 at 10:27 PM, MikailMelih54 said:

Hey Guys, I cant get this trophy, I tried to come with my secound account under the top 1000, but I couldnt do that. I also dont have the DLCs, is there any other method to get this trophy? I cant see any friends in my game.

Figured out. Just add somebody from worldwide leaderboards to you friends list, then beat his lap time. It won't be too hard, since there are many average players in there.

7 hours ago, ozymandias1994 said:

Figured out. Just add somebody from worldwide leaderboards to you friends list, then beat his lap time. It won't be too hard, since there are many average players in there.

I've been trying to get this trophy as well but anytime I look up the Time Trial leaderboards (regardless of the track/cc), it always says nobody has uploaded a time. I don't see anyone on the leaderboards at all. Has anyone ran into this issue?

Edit: Scratch that - didn't realise the leaderboards always presets to your friends, and if there's no time set the leaderboards are empty. You need to toggle it by selecting 'Friends'.

I set a lap on my alt on Abu Dhabi 1000 cc. You need a better time than a 2:18 to get in the Top 1000. Even though  the upload for the my alt account failed, (and even said as so during my main account attempt), I still got the trophy after beating the alt time.

Edited by bigjim101

10 hours ago, bigjim101 said:

I've been trying to get this trophy as well but anytime I look up the Time Trial leaderboards (regardless of the track/cc), it always says nobody has uploaded a time. I don't see anyone on the leaderboards at all. Has anyone ran into this issue?

Edit: Scratch that - didn't realise the leaderboards always presets to your friends, and if there's no time set the leaderboards are empty. You need to toggle it by selecting 'Friends'.

I set a lap on my alt on Abu Dhabi 1000 cc. You need a better time than a 2:18 to get in the Top 1000. Even though  the upload for the my alt account failed, (and even said as so during my main account attempt), I still got the trophy after beating the alt time.

I checked your profile, you got Qualifying Lap trophy (set time trial record) and you need Ecto-Won trophy (beat friend's lap time record), it's not the same.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got the trophy! It turns out a friend in my list played the game before and made a time before racenet closed. I don't understand why am I able to see those times, when the servers that hosted them closed, but good for me.

You just need to add someone that have a time prior to the servers closure. If they have the gold trials trophy, pretty sure they have a time you can improve.