NG++ question

Terminus124

Can I complete the game on easy getting all the trophies and golden gun, then play NG+ on hard with golden guns to unlock legend difficulty and then play legend while keeping my golden guns to make it easier?

I doubt the game has NG++ specifically but if the legend difficulty unlocks after NG+ could I load my easy save file and play NG+ again, this time on legend with golden pistol?

The game has infinite NG+.  Whenever you beat the game, you're prompted to create a clear game data save to continue playing after beating the game on premium adventure mode. You can also use that save to carry your stats for your next playthrough (minus substories, coin lockers and a few other misc items) so you can do it on easy, then hard to unlock legend and finally do legend for the trophy. 

Although you'd be creating an extra playthrough but that's up to you.

Edited by PooPooBlast
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PooPooBlast said:

Although you'd be creating an extra playthrough but that's up to you.

Seems to me to be more effective and easier than doing everything on hard. While I love Yakuza games (played 0, K1 and K2, FotNS) combat was enjoyable only in 0 for me. So I'd like to finish it with minimum hassle. From what I read enemies in Y3 like to block moves, especially the higher the difficulty is. Plus if I have to do all substories including Amon I'd rather do them on easy. I don't think I'm extending platinum time much if I won't have to be repeating stuff because of death and if fights will be faster. Then I'll do two speedruns.

• 3 months later...