Is this game worth playing in 2021?

Tidus755

On 5/27/2022 at 9:32 PM, AJ_Radio said:

I don't care how old a game is, if I like it then that's all that matters.

Hope you like it; I enjoyed it tremendously. 

Pros: Art style, voice acting, over-the-top villains, generally smooth gameplay, solid soundtrack, but honestly the best part is that they just don't make games like this any more.  It's a game, so cartoonish characters, crazy dialog, topless burlesque shows, and overall good-vs-evil without a lot of nuance hits the spot with me. C'mon: Hold L2: Walk Like a Nazi!  Plus, details that even some current gen games have forgotten, like rendering cutscenes in your current disguise.

Cons: Last gen graphics (but this is not a problem for me), a few crashes (but no save corruption), kinda stupid AI, awkward climbing mechanics, slow loading screens. and probably too many repetitive freeplay points to clear, but I thoroughly enjoyed this game and heartily recommend it.

• Like 1

I played this game years ago on 360 and it was excellent. 

I know this topic is old but I just have to add, to me it was one of the more memorable games on that console. Sean Devlin is to me an entertaining lead on a classic anti nazi story. 

Sad there hasn't been anything quite like it since imo. 

And the soundtrack has some bangers on it. I remember Flogging Molly doing some of the promo music. Hella good. 

• 3 weeks later...

I can't talk to how well it's aged, I Platted it in 2010, but what I can say is it was a fantastic game back in the day.  Always had it in my top PS3 hidden gems, along with things like Nier (which is fairly well known now) and Resonance of Fate etc...   If it holds up, it's well worth it, there's a lot of game here, and there is/was a small free dlc, no idea if it's still available.  As @punkshepherd said above, it's definitely one of the more memorable PS3 games, and there isn't much like it around, thoroughly recommend it.   

I still remember trying to escape level 5 alarms, wearing disguises, stealing vehicles, blowing up bridges, smoking cigarettes, kissing the ladies...what a great game it was! lol