Best platinum route

Shorah-

I really want to try this game but i'm kinda confused how to do it efficiently. 

I read that progress online or offline is separated so you can't mix both. Online would be easier thanks to 4 players coop but people said that offline might be faster as you can couch coop a second class.

So that way i would only need to complete the game twice instead of 4 times. But i'm concerned how difficult the inferno mode would be if i just play solo. As far as i know, the game doesn't scale down if we solo instead of 4 players. So i expect some missions to be brutal.

Should i start directly on hard or is there any value to play the game on normal at first ?

How did you plat this game ?

Also how populated is the online mode ? Especially in the highest difficulty.

Online scales offline does not. If you have a second player the game is infinitly easier to 100% offline. It's still easier for the most part by yourself but some of the later missions on inferno might be a problem without crazy health or cheese strats. For the other games (the scaling works the same way in those too) there was an extra benefit to split screen as it allowed you to gain HP for two classes at once but on EDF5 you get stuff for all classes each mission anyway so it's not so important.

If you can manage hard there's no reason to play normal. Offline has no limit on what equipment you can take so as soon as you find an easier mission it pays to farm it on higher difficulties for strong weapons to make things faster all around. Or you could join a lobby playing inferno and grab some stuff that way! ;)

Personally I always play EDF with the same group. We normally do most stuff online and then I clean up inferno split screen with my brother because my other team members aren't trophy hunters and cba with the final struggle. For EDF5 I got to about 92% offline and then we did the whole thing again to 100% online. Not efficiant at all! :P Not sure how populated the online is atm, but we recently replayed EDF4.1 and there was still a fair amount of players so I'd guess 5 is the same.

I

3 minutes ago, jimbob12345678 said:

Online scales offline does not. If you have a second player the game is infinitly easier to 100% offline. It's still easier for the most part by yourself but some of the later missions on inferno might be a problem without crazy health or cheese strats. For the other games (the scaling works the same way in those too) there was an extra benefit to split screen as it allowed you to gain HP for two classes at once but on EDF5 you get stuff for all classes each mission anyway so it's not so important.

If you can manage hard there's no reason to play normal. Offline has no limit on what equipment you can take so as soon as you find an easier mission it pays to farm it on higher difficulties for strong weapons to make things faster all around. Or you could join a lobby playing inferno and grab some stuff that way! ;)

How does it scales exactly ?

I played first 3 missions on hard online, nobody joined. I found that enemies were having hp for like 4 players, cause it took me quite some times (no stuff also).

Also do you confirm i could split screen to validate 2 classes at the same time ?

Yes split screen will give you credit for both classes at once.

Not sure on the exact math for the scaling but even single player online will be harder than single player offline. Im pretty sure more players makes it harder again but don't take that to mean having 4 players on inferno makes the game impossible or anything!

If you are playing online then starting on hard could be an issue purely because of your starting HP. Honestly lower difficluties online are sometimes harder than higher ones becuase of the HP / Weapon limits.

If you are expecting to be running solo a lot I'd play offline at least for now and grab some weapons and armor. You will have a much easier time!

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/09/2021 at 1:41 PM, jimbob12345678 said:

If you are expecting to be running solo a lot I'd play offline at least for now and grab some weapons and armor.

I'm at mission 50 now, only hard mode, only ranger. There are missions where i thought i could not do it with my hp (it doesnt level up that fast) and weapons but i found a way.

I don't feel like its worth playing only on hard, it often takes me an hour of trial/error to complete each mission. Maybe speedrunning easy then exploiting farming methods for armor and weapons would be faster.

I was wondering, if i buy dlc 1 and clear it on easy/normal/hard, would i get the new weapons ? In the list it says weapons are like level 100 or something, so it may not drop on lower difficulties right ?

For example, Buster shot shotgun is level 103. 

Edited by Shorah-
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shorah- said:

I'm at mission 50 now, only hard mode, only ranger. There are missions where i thought i could not do it with my hp (it doesnt level up that fast) and weapons but i found a way.

I don't feel like its worth playing only on hard, it often takes me an hour of trial/error to complete each mission. Maybe speedrunning easy then exploiting farming methods for armor and weapons would be faster.

I was wondering, if i buy dlc 1 and clear it on easy/normal/hard, would i get the new weapons ? In the list it says weapons are like level 100 or something, so it may not drop on lower difficulties right ?

For example, Buster shot shotgun is level 103. 

I would assume you need to be on inferno to get that but I never got the DLC so I couldn't say for sure!

• 2 years later...
On 9/17/2021 at 5:52 PM, Shorah- said:

I really want to try this game but i'm kinda confused how to do it efficiently. 

I read that progress online or offline is separated so you can't mix both. Online would be easier thanks to 4 players coop but people said that offline might be faster as you can couch coop a second class.

So that way i would only need to complete the game twice instead of 4 times. But i'm concerned how difficult the inferno mode would be if i just play solo. As far as i know, the game doesn't scale down if we solo instead of 4 players. So i expect some missions to be brutal.

Should i start directly on hard or is there any value to play the game on normal at first ?

How did you plat this game ?

Also how populated is the online mode ? Especially in the highest difficulty.

The game is much faster to plat offline, since you only need to do half the missions if you split screen 2 classes. You'll miss a lot of the game but that's not probably a problem for most people.

You'll still need to be good to do it fast offline, as there's no one to save your ass or do the missions for you. The usual solution for almost everyone is to farm armor, but that takes time too. But let's be realistic if you don't know how to play the game you'll die even faster online.

DLC weapons can help a lot, if you're having troubles. DLC is worth it on EDF 5 and 6.

Starting on hard it's not difficult, particularly if you've played another of the other Sandlot games. Easy and normal are a bore if you did, sadly once you're really good everything but Inferno is a bore.

Online is usually populated even for older games. Full of cheaters and people with 200k+ armor 😂.

1 minute ago, cris3f said:

The game is much faster to plat offline, since you only need to do half the missions if you split screen 2 classes.

I did exactly that. Split screen was annoying because of performance issues but it does save a lot of times.

Agree that dlc weapons are really really really really good.