Curated forum feed

barra333

3 minutes ago, barra333 said:

Hey all, 

I was wondering if there is a way to just show new forum activity for only games on our profile, rather than the whole site (recent forum posts window on the main page). An extra option in the create activity stream to limit to 'games I own' or something like that.

These are the custom feed options: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/discover/?do=create But I don't think the 3rd party forum software has any way to check only the games on your profile. You could go through and click the Follow button in the main sub-forum on the games you own (and want notifications for), for example: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/11157-sackboy-a-big-adventure/ 

OK, thanks - I figured the hurdle would be the forum and the profile talking to each other.

Does that follow button for each forum notify me of new posts, or just new threads? I've just followed the Sackboy forum if you want to try it out. Another forum I frequent uses this software and only triggers for new threads.

4 minutes ago, barra333 said:

OK, thanks - I figured the hurdle would be the forum and the profile talking to each other.

Does that follow button for each forum notify me of new posts, or just new threads? I've just followed the Sackboy forum if you want to try it out. Another forum I frequent uses this software and only triggers for new threads.

I'm almost certain it's for all activity. Replies and new threads. I'll post a response in an existing thread and see if you get a notification.

I can see that you posted in the Tencent thread by looking at the recent posts on the front page, but no notification. 

I'll go follow the Kena forum because there are likely to be new posts and threads coming through there to confirm that it is new threads only. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, barra333 said:

Thanks for confirming. I wonder if there is a option in the forum back-end to enable it for posts as well as threads? @Sly Ripper?

Well, you can manually follow individual threads. That way you get notifications when new threads are created, AND when new posts are posted into oder threads. 

With "only" 92 games on your profile, though, it wouldn't be too much effort to simply create an activity stream and just toggle on the games on your profile. Whenever you start a new game, simply add it to the activity stream. 

7 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Well, you can manually follow individual threads. That way you get notifications when new threads are created, AND when new posts are posted into oder threads. 

With "only" 92 games on your profile, though, it wouldn't be too much effort to simply create an activity stream and just toggle on the games on your profile. Whenever you start a new game, simply add it to the activity stream. 

Yeah, it is hardly a forum-breaking issue. I'll work something out with subscriptions and the streams.