Difficulty selection

Blackmist_FFXI

So I might just be blind..

Trying to figure out how to pick difficulty (solo/online/offline). As ive only seen the option pop up when I was looking at the group finder option for online..

And with how online the screen seems to pixilate, glitch, disconnect and reset progress. I'd like to avoid as much of that as possible. Already had a toon get deleted from a connection drop.

Sad thing..

I don't think I ever had this issue back on the original on dialup..

42 minutes ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

So I might just be blind..

Trying to figure out how to pick difficulty (solo/online/offline). As ive only seen the option pop up when I was looking at the group finder option for online..

And with how online the screen seems to pixilate, glitch, disconnect and reset progress. I'd like to avoid as much of that as possible. Already had a toon get deleted from a connection drop.

Sad thing..

I don't think I ever had this issue back on the original on dialup..

When you create a character you get to pick online or offline mode. Once you pick it you can't change it. 

16 hours ago, fjyingturk said:

When you create a character you get to pick online or offline mode. Once you pick it you can't change it. 

I get that 

But I'm trying to find how to set it to hell/nightmare on offline difficulty.

As I was unable to pick hell/nightmare w my fresh lv1 barb for group play online. I'm assuming ya gotta beat the game 1st. For the online side.

But nowhere did I see a option on the offline side.

Nightmare and Hell difficulty are NG+ and NG++. You can't pick it with fresh characters, because you would get absolutely slaughtered.

To complete Hell difficulty with a character class, you have to do Normal and then Nightmare with that character first. 8 characters classes * 3 difficulties each = 24 playthroughs minimum.

38 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Nightmare and Hell difficulty are NG+ and NG++. You can't pick it with fresh characters, because you would get absolutely slaughtered.

To complete Hell difficulty with a character class, you have to do Normal and then Nightmare with that character first. 8 characters classes * 3 difficulties each = 24 playthroughs minimum.

Ok thanks 

That is what I was starting to assume.

Haven't played d2 since 04 and honestly couldn't remember if I was missing something