Play on 1.00 version?

johs854

7 hours ago, johs854 said:

I recently got hold of Unity on disc and was wondering if it worth playing without patches to get 60fps on ps5? Or would this introduce bugs, as I remember the game was quite buggy at launch. 

From my experience, I would recommend playing unpatched to get that sweet sweet 60fps on PS5. It was transformative and such a delight to play this game the way it was meant to be played all those years ago. There are a couple of glitches here and there which are bound to happen whether you have the patch or not. Speaking from experience, of course. At this point, it is a part of this game’s charm and DNA. The sad part is you have to say goodbye to the 60fps when you get to the online portion trophies and the DLC, because it’s mandatory to have the latest patch for those.

Just like what @HuntingFever said above, this game was buggy as hell when it launched. I bought the game day one, and I can confirm that was the case.

Unity is a good game after all those patches. I enjoyed the hell out of it. Story is engaging, and visuals are impressive, and gameplay has some new elements in it. Nonetheless, the online portion is quite challenging if you play solo, and I think you shouldn't play solo. :)

@johs854

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/09/2021 at 9:30 AM, johs854 said:

Oh, didnt know the online portion wasnt in the base version. Well then i wont be doing that then haha. Thanks for the info 1f607.png

The co-op mode is part of the base game. The issue is  that you need to be running the latest version of the game to connect to the servers.  Online doesn't work very well if different players are playing in different versions of the game world.