Prime units ?

Salamandxrs

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2021 at 3:39 AM, Salamandxrs said:

Does anyone know what are the prime units 100% for sure ? Because i don’t like to farm kill on the Arena so i was wondering if it was possible to farm for example lvl 1 ?

Late reply but for anyone in the future, they are the standard walking robot enemy type.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Even later reply, but it's actually the dark variations of established early game units. Most of the enemies you fight are white, but then you'll see black rolling ball droids and black walking robot units that are tougher than their white counterparts, black flying units, black rolling exploding balls, etc. Those are the prime units.

Edited by KyonKuchiki
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2021 at 2:56 PM, MikeCheck-- said:

Late reply but for anyone in the future, they are the standard walking robot enemy type.

On 1/11/2022 at 0:25 PM, KyonKuchiki said:

Even later reply, but it's actually the dark variations of established early game units. Most of the enemies you fight are white, but then you'll see black rolling ball droids and black walking robot units that are tougher than their white counterparts, black flying units, black rolling exploding balls, etc. Those are the prime units.

Question #1: platinum difficulty?

Question #2: excessive grind fest?

5 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Question #1: platinum difficulty?

Question #2: excessive grind fest?

The platinum itself is not tough; the difficulty comes from the 100% because bullet hell mode does require another person.

As for grind fest, after you've completed the campaign and the three survival maps, you have maybe killed 2000 enemies out of the one trophy requiring you to kill 10k enemies? So yes, you'll have to rerun your favorite mission over and over to get the plat, so it's an insane grind fest.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KyonKuchiki said:

The platinum itself is not tough; the difficulty comes from the 100% because bullet hell mode does require another person.

The entire DLC requires a partner? Can they join at the last boss because that's where I ready an online partner is needed most?

20 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

The entire DLC requires a partner? Can they join at the last boss because that's where I ready an online partner is needed most?

The DLC was just a free patch that added another difficulty option to the game. The two extra trophies they added are for essentially beating the last campaign mission on hardest difficulty and beating one of the three survival maps on hardest difficulty. Having a partner for those two trophies is not required, but it helps unless you're really REALLY good at the game. Yes, partners can be swapped in level by level, so a partner doesn't have to play entire game with you.

8 minutes ago, KyonKuchiki said:

The DLC was just a free patch that added another difficulty option to the game. The two extra trophies they added are for essentially beating the last campaign mission on hardest difficulty and beating one of the three survival maps on hardest difficulty. Having a partner for those two trophies is not required, but it helps unless you're really REALLY good at the game. Yes, partners can be swapped in level by level, so a partner doesn't have to play entire game with you.

Oh, what's that you said? You'll be my partner if I ever decide to buy this horrendous grind fest? Awesome man, thanks! What a pal! ?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Oh, what's that you said? You'll be my partner if I ever decide to buy this horrendous grind fest? Awesome man, thanks! What a pal! 1f643.png

If you decide to, sure. I'm surprised it interests you though when you didn't want to do sniper elite because of the end game grind. Evasion's end game grind was longer and more mindless than Sniper Elite's was.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KyonKuchiki said:

If you decide to, sure. I'm surprised it interests you though when you didn't want to do sniper elite because of the end game grind. Evasion's end game grind was longer and more mindless than Sniper Elite's was.

Oh wow. I was just kidding but okay, I'll accept the help. Thanks dude. As for Sniper, I truly am interested but the game sounds super difficult and confusing. I'm not the best gamer skill wise and I can have a pretty bad temper at times so I don't want to play something that's going to want to make me pull my hair out and smash my headset through a wall. I'm leaning towards getting Sniper though.

On 2022-01-23 at 0:38 PM, MrTacoNinja said:

Oh wow. I was just kidding but okay, I'll accept the help. Thanks dude. As for Sniper, I truly am interested but the game sounds super difficult and confusing. I'm not the best gamer skill wise and I can have a pretty bad temper at times so I don't want to play something that's going to want to make me pull my hair out and smash my headset through a wall. I'm leaning towards getting Sniper though.

Your temper may take over if you get excessive drift with the AIM controller in Sniper Elite. It is a much better grind than Evasion IMO, it's more fun and varied. Evasion is chill though, can just listen to a podcast or music but the end game grind is insane. You'll finish all other trophies with around 3k kills, leaving 7k to just grind which will take hours.

Edited by MikeCheck--

8 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Your temper may take over if you get excessive drift with the AIM controller in Sniper Elite. It is a much grind than Evasion IMO, it's more fun and varied. Evasion is chill though, can just listen to a podcast or music but the end game grind is insane. You'll finish all other trophies with around 3k kills, leaving 7k to just grind which will take hours.

Wow. That's just obnoxious. And developers make ridiculous trophies like this because?

55 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Jesus. How long of a grind are we talking here?

Took me an additional 7 hours. Would not ever do a game like it again. So mind numbing, which is why Sniper Elite is better, the grind isn't as bad and it requires mental focus and attention. Evasion is just repeating the same level, getting kills, rinse and repeat. You could get 500 kills every 30 minutes if you're on the ball. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2022 at 1:26 PM, KyonKuchiki said:

Are you still down to help? The game's on sale (again as always) for 10 bucks so I'll likely pick it up. Just know though that it'll be a while before I actually get to it because I have a ton of games to play beforehand. 

On 1/25/2022 at 10:52 AM, MikeCheck-- said:

Took me an additional 7 hours. Would not ever do a game like it again. So mind numbing, which is why Sniper Elite is better, the grind isn't as bad and it requires mental focus and attention. Evasion is just repeating the same level, getting kills, rinse and repeat. You could get 500 kills every 30 minutes if you're on the ball. 

Yikes. Is there at least a tracker so you know how many you've killed? I'm dreading this trophy, it sounds horrible! Oh and I picked up Sniper during the last sale. Did you know that while playing on the hardest setting you could visit previous levels, drop the difficulty to its easiest setting, unlock the badges or whatever they are that are needed to unlock more levels and than return to where you left off? So I guess progressing on the hardest setting won't be too bad after all.

5 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

1.) Yikes. Is there at least a tracker so you know how many you've killed?

2.) Did you know that while playing on the hardest setting you could visit previous levels,

1.) No tracker for total kills, but there is a screen at the end of each level that tells you your kills. You could easily use a counter app to keep track. Kyon powered through the grind for it with blistering speed! I'd recommend a podcast while playing.

2.) Yes, for Sniper Elite you could play the game on "Authentic" aka hard first and go back on easy for clean up, or vice versa. You've gotta play these! Reason to use your dope aim controller!

Edited by MikeCheck--

On 1/23/2022 at 1:26 PM, KyonKuchiki said:

After really thinking long and hard about it (I've been back and forth constantly with this game on whether or not to get it), I no longer require your help as I'm passing on this game and will never reopen the possibility of considering it again. I just can't do that grind. I refuse to. Early on in this trophy hunting madness I probably would have but I'm just burned out with it all nowadays. I'm sure the day is coming soon when I stop trophy hunting and gaming because I just don't enjoy it anymore.

Edited by MrTacoNinja
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2022 at 6:00 AM, MrTacoNinja said:

After really thinking long and hard about it (I've been back and forth constantly with this game on whether or not to get it), I no longer require your help as I'm passing on this game and will never reopen the possibility of considering it again. I just can't do that grind. I refuse to. Early on in this trophy hunting madness I probably would have but I'm just burned out with it all nowadays. I'm sure the day is coming soon when I stop trophy hunting and gaming because I just don't enjoy it anymore.

When this started happening to me, I relegated doing mindless, boring VR games and adjusted my backlog to games I know I'd enjoy. Gaming has been much more enjoyable as of late due to this. You should do the same! I haven't added any older games to my backlog in months. Only working on the backlog and adding games that are yet to release (Stride, Moss Book II, etc) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2022 at 7:23 AM, MikeCheck-- said:

When this started happening to me, I relegated doing mindless, boring VR games and adjusted my backlog to games I know I'd enjoy. Gaming has been much more enjoyable as of late due to this. You should do the same! I haven't added any older games to my backlog in months. Only working on the backlog and adding games that are yet to release (Stride, Moss Book II, etc) 

1-2, 1-2! Check it! Solid method from the man on the mic!

To confirm, there is a level select?

Edited by poetic_justice_
  • Like 1