Missed item interaction in chapter 3!

I missed interacting with the translator with Groot and tries reloading a save I had at the start of the chapter but Rockets and Peters items don't bring up the dialogue now and aren't in the items list.

Anyone know if there's another opportunity to interact with Groot for this later on?

I just ran into the same issue. What ended up happening with your playthrough?

Things are all messed up now. When I tried reloading the save from the beginning of the chapter, I got something similar to you where the two items I already interacted with no longer triggered the conversations and were no longer in the list in the compendium.

Then when i reloaded my save where I had the 2/3, I could no longer interact with the third one and it's also missing from the list of items.  It's like the game remembers your conversations but resets the item in the compendium.

Edited by DeclioDukes

The same happened to me in chapter 3. I decided to delete my save file and start fresh from the beginning. There was no fix. It's probably a bug in the save system of the game or intended.

It was a stupid decision after all.. By picking up all collectibles from the PowerPyx guide, "Lore Hoarder" popped at the end of chapter 11 for me with plenty of collectibles left in the following chapters to compensate if you missed any. Missing out one Guardian Item can easily be compensated in chapter 6. There's an object to buy for 2000 credits, if you have more than needed to pay your fine in chapter 9. That is also mentioned in the PP guide.

You only have to collect 65% in each category, not every single collectible in the game. It's not the end of the world to miss one, except for outfits. You need 100% of the outfits.

Edited by proud2bNs
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, proud2bNs said:

The same happened to me in chapter 3. I decided to delete my save file and start fresh from the beginning. There was no fix. It's probably a bug in the save system of the game or intended.

It was a stupid decision after all.. By picking up all collectibles from the PowerPyx guide, "Lore Hoarder" popped at the end of chapter 11 for me with plenty of collectibles left in the following chapters to compensate if you missed any. Missing out one Guardian Item can easily be compensated in chapter 6. There's an object to buy for 2000 credits, if you have more than needed to pay your fine in chapter 9. That is also mentioned in the PP guide.

You only have to collect 65% in each category, not every single collectible in the game. It's not the end of the world to miss one, except for outfits. You need 100% of the outfits.

Thanks--yeah, I should i have realized I could still hit 65%, but for some reason I thought I needed everything. I ended up loading a cloud save from earlier which only cost me 45 minutes or so. I probably would have restarted completely if I didn't have that, but good to know for other people.

• Like 1

The artifacts tend to bug out if you load a seperate save slot after viewing one of them.  That same artifact won't trigger the dialogue and will act as if it's already been triggered, but not show up in the compendium.  I believe it might even effects previous chapter save files  loaded.

I recommend using a save back up outside of the games three slots each time you are on the ship (Plus or USB if on PS4).  It bugs out all three slots with the issue when it happens.  Not sure if it also effects new game + though, ng+ might reset the dialogue for that.

Following Powerpyx guide I got the 65% trophy at the start of Chapter 10 on the ship.  I did use the trick to get the 5k units collectable in chapter 6 free though, and bought the 2k units collectable in the same chapter.

Edited by Snake2410

On 10/28/2021 at 5:23 AM, Neophyte_87 said:

I missed interacting with the translator with Groot and tries reloading a save I had at the start of the chapter but Rockets and Peters items don't bring up the dialogue now and aren't in the items list.

Anyone know if there's another opportunity to interact with Groot for this later on?

I didn't even know I missed the interaction myself; however, in chapter 10 when I was interacting with all of the other things I found I came across it and was able to interact with it. Afterwards it showed in my list.

1 hour ago, Silverguise said:

I didn't even know I missed the interaction myself; however, in chapter 10 when I was interacting with all of the other things I found I came across it and was able to interact with it. Afterwards it showed in my list.

Any chapter that has you in the ship you can potentially interact with artifacts.  There are a few chapters where you're in the ship but Peter will mention asking a specific character about the artifact you're interacting with later.

The main ones are chapters 3, 5, 9, 12, 13, and 14.  Buy it sounds like some will trigger in 10 if you miss it previously.  I know that one you get somewhere around that chapter makes you wait until ch 12 to actually trigger the conversation for.

• 1 year later...