game is corrupt

Kirbz

hey, i recently got medal of honor for 10$. i got all happy and turned it on, but the instal messed up. it reached 98%, it was at 98% for a while and then it froze. i had to turn off the ps3. when i turned the ps3 back on, i went ahead and deleted the game data, the second time i tried to instal it it went to 100% without a problem. exept when im near the end of the first mission, it tells me the game is corrupt and that i have to delete game data and try to re-instal it, and it quits the game. exept i have done this about 50 times, and it doesnt work. i keep on getting this message. i installed the game at my neighbors house, whom luckily also has a ps3, and it works fine at his house. is there any way i could fix this???

by the way i am posting this in the PlayStation 3 forum section and not the medal of honor section because it is a Ps3 problem. just saying so you dont start telling me about how much of a dumbass i am and that i should close this thread or move it or whatever, although this will probably happen anyways

and thanks for all the helpful answers in advance

Kirby,

You mentioned that you deleted the game data and reinstalled a bunch of times, have you tried shutting down the PS3 after you deleted the old game data before trying to reinstall by chance?

hmm... no, actualy i have not. ill try that tomorow since the game is currently at my neighbors house.

Kirby,

You mentioned that you deleted the game data and reinstalled a bunch of times, have you tried shutting down the PS3 after you deleted the old game data before trying to reinstall by chance?

Doing a reset (turning the system off) may just be the ticket. I'm thinking that or he has a corrupted (bad) sector on the HDD. You may have to, in the extreme, do a complete back up and re-format the HDD, then re-install your previous data, then re-install MoH. I understand that the system froze and you had no option, but shutting down the system while it's writing to the drive is VERY BAD and can completely ruin the HDD.

Doing a reset (turning the system off) may just be the ticket. I'm thinking that or he has a corrupted (bad) sector on the HDD. You may have to, in the extreme, do a complete back up and re-format the HDD, then re-install your previous data, then re-install MoH. I understand that the system froze and you had no option, but shutting down the system while it's writing to the drive is VERY BAD and can completely ruin the HDD.

if that doesnt work (i still havent tried it) i may as well play it at his house.. i mean, he lives next door and hes a friend.

Are you sure the disc is clean, and the top layer hasn't been scratched?

And is it a Phat or Slim? Your Laser could be going out.

i have a 250GB slim, my neighbor has a 40GB phat, like, the first ones that came out.

the game does have 3 minor scratches, and i thought this could be the problem until i saw it working perfectly at my neighbors house

Hey Kirby,

You mentioned this happens with MoH. Is it ONLY this game, or have your tried installing any other games since this happened?

Just trying to narrow down if it is the disk (which is odd as you say it installed fine at your friends house), or if there may be something up with your console.

This just occurred to me. As simple as it sounds, have you checked to see if you have the space required on your HD for the install by chance? Stupid-simple I know, but sometimes we all overlook the simple things.

Edited by Wade_VC

Hey Kirby,

You mentioned this happens with MoH. Is it ONLY this game, or have your tried installing any other games since this happened?

Just trying to narrow down if it is the disk (which is odd as you say it installed fine at your friends house), or if there may be something up with your console.

This just occurred to me. As simple as it sounds, have you checked to see if you have the space required on your HD for the install by chance? Stupid-simple I know, but sometimes we all overlook the simple things.

it is only medal of honor that doesnt work, i have 106GB left on my hard drive, and the game only requires 3GB. i tried to do some more research about this online, and people said that they messaged EA about it, and that ea said they would fix it as soon as possible... but aparently they never did

i tried to do some more research about this online, and people said that they messaged EA about it, and that ea said they would fix it as soon as possible... but aparently they never did

Well isn;t that just friggin' lovely. Not only do 95% of the games released nowadays have patches waiting for them, now some are known to be non-functional and they aren't even fixing them.

If and when you do get your MoH working, let me know and I'll hop online with ya' to shoot some faces off together.

Well isn;t that just friggin' lovely. Not only do 95% of the games released nowadays have patches waiting for them, now some are known to be non-functional and they aren't even fixing them.

If and when you do get your MoH working, let me know and I'll hop online with ya' to shoot some faces off together.

Remember when games hit the shelves 100% complete or else nothing at all? Now they can rush a project because they know they can just patch it later... or like you said sometimes no patch at all...

• Like 2

Remember when games hit the shelves 100% complete or else nothing at all? Now they can rush a project because they know they can just patch it later... or like you said sometimes no patch at all...

No kidding. I mean sure, there were a few games that had glitches that we were stuck with, but for the most part you are correct: When a game hit the shelf, it was 100% good-to-go. Today's instant technology has made far too many Developers lazy.Unfortunately there are far too many out there who make excuse after excuse for Developers; so why should they change.

They can get away with it, and gamers (as a whole) have allowed them to do so.

• Like 1

Ahhh. The good ol' days. Yes, true it did lead to some unbearable release delays, but at least you knew that what you bought was going to work.

No kidding. I mean sure, there were a few games that had glitches that we were stuck with, but for the most part you are correct: When a game hit the shelf, it was 100% good-to-go. Today's instant technology has made far too many Developers lazy. Unfortunately there are far too many out there who make excuse after excuse for Developers; so why should they change.

They can get away with it, and gamers (as a whole) have allowed them to do so.

I've never been a fan of this DD (digital downloading) dawning age where you don't have a hard copy of the finished work, but patch after patch. That's why Computer gaming never really caught on in my camp. I'm also not a big fan of downloading games via the PSN. Hard drives fail all the time and that wipes out a collection quickly w/ no chance of recovery. At least if I have a hard copy, I can re-install what I had without having to fight over the phone with some customer service rep who doesn't give a rat's ass about my problem.