Are the Servers still up

Blackmist_FFXI

Just wondering if the servers are still alive for this game, one sitting on there burner that I eventually would like to get coach lv 20. 

Was just never able to start matches with my self (2 different accounts 2 copy's of game 1 digi/1 phys) and could never match up so gave up.  I figured loading a match and having 2nd account forfit would count as victory' and make it a quick grind.

I'd go as far as to say that the game becomes unplayable (beside of campaign and friendly matches) once the servers are gone.

I lost my savefile some years ago because my PS4 broke (and it wasn't saved to the cloud). When I decided to start the game again this year was I in for quite the surprise:

All my teams were present and accounted for, my coach level still at the point where it was when my console broke.

The created teams are saved serverside. Why it needs a unique name and the game will tell you if the name is already used, forcing you to pick a different one.

...but I guess this won't guarantee for the servers to be running forever...

So is there a trick to boost online matches for the coach experience? As I stated I have two copies and even running two different profiles with two different copies I was never able to match make with myself.

Would make it super easy to just run down the line and boost character levels I recall doing it back in the day with another player which is how I managed to get a few of the trade trophies

On 17.11.2021 at 11:10 PM, Blackmist_FFXI said:

So is there a trick to boost online matches for the coach experience? As I stated I have two copies and even running two different profiles with two different copies I was never able to match make with myself.

All I really know is that no coach XP is applied if one is giving up the match. 
And for proper matchmaking you should open games with a KO tourney system, as those matches can be force started as soon as both players are ready. If you create a league where all fight all, you have a 5 minute matchmaking timer that tends to fail matching you.

Quickest games would be just to end the turns once they started. Think a win is 14 coach XP, a draw 11.
Though I haven't tried that personally. I did my level 20 coach by playing the AI. Only afterwards I went for the MP trophies and some misc ones that didn't happen while I played, like a dead MVP or intercepting a pass.

Edited by Jjos

7 hours ago, Jjos said:

All I really know is that no coach XP is applied if one is giving up the match. 
And for proper matchmaking you should open games with a KO tourney system, as those matches can be force started as soon as both players are ready. If you create a league where all fight all, you have a 5 minute matchmaking timer that tends to fail matching you.

Quickest games would be just to end the turns once they started. Think a win is 14 coach XP, a draw 11.
Though I haven't tried that personally. I did my level 20 coach by playing the AI. Only afterwards I went for the MP trophies and some misc ones that didn't happen while I played, like a dead MVP or intercepting a pass.

Ya I boosted about 10 lv back in the day. 

Picked 1 or 2 guys to pass and run well opposite team runs to sidelines.  Makes for fast game and easy way to get lv.7.toons.