do you need a ea account to play?

melodicmizery

so recently i tried to replay battlefield hardline and it wont let me login. it tells me to update my password. which i cant do because i dont have the same email from 2008. ever since they made origins and made battlelog i havent been able to access my account. so hardline is unplayable. and trying to contact some random tech guy at ea support who dont even know what a video game is makes me livid trying to explain this to them. on top of it my main psn login email i used that email for a alt name back in the day. so if i say change it to that email i cant because there is already a name linked to it. anyways long story even longer does it ask you to log in to ea on startup? because eventually i want to get this game but right now its pointless 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2021 at 1:17 PM, XXIIlII said:

If it asked, just create a new one.

i cant create a new one because it will ask to link my screen name, my screen name is already linked to the one i cant get in. so then i would have to use a alt psn profile and that would defeat the purpose of earning any trophies or playing

On 11/12/2021 at 6:35 PM, HuntingFever said:

AFAIK, all of EA's online games require an EA account to even get into the MP menu 1f914.png.

do you know how i can directly contact them and email them. their webpage seems to go in a never ending loop of stupid questions and i cant find how to talk to anyone

ea send a recovery to my yahoo email, i cant get in my yahoo email so yahoo sends a recovery to my aol email. which has been deactivated for 15 years.

this feels like punishment for being a long time member

7 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

i cant create a new one because it will ask to link my screen name, my screen name is already linked to the one i cant get in. so then i would have to use a alt psn profile and that would defeat the purpose of earning any trophies or playing

do you know how i can directly contact them and email them. their webpage seems to go in a never ending loop of stupid questions and i cant find how to talk to anyone

ea send a recovery to my yahoo email, i cant get in my yahoo email so yahoo sends a recovery to my aol email. which has been deactivated for 15 years.

this feels like punishment for being a long time member

The official EA support site is probably your best bet but don't expect much in the way of intelligence from the support staff there.