Pause Menu Crash

Yeah happens all the fucking time, at least 20+ times on my playthrough so far. And it seems the longer you play, the higher the chance it will happen.

Also, I try not to go to the pause menu immediately after a loading screen as I think that increases the chances too. And if I haven't saved in a little while, I will never open the pause menu.

Putting the PS4 into rest mode has crashed my game too when I start it back up. 

Hope this happens less often in Vice City/San Andreas. 

Edited by Partik24

I paused after finishing the "Going Rogue" trophy and it freezed up and crashed the game. When logging back in, my game went back to where i finished the 15th kill, instead of outside my hideout. I believe the game preserved this and will allow me to still get 100 percent without re-doing the level 15 vigilante mission.

3 hours ago, niliuscofc said:

I paused after finishing the "Going Rogue" trophy and it freezed up and crashed the game. When logging back in, my game went back to where i finished the 15th kill, instead of outside my hideout. I believe the game preserved this and will allow me to still get 100 percent without re-doing the level 15 vigilante mission.

You don't actually need to kill 15 criminals in a row to get 100% in the game, just 20 on each island with as many tries as you want. 

Killing 15 in a row simply gets you the Going Rogue trophy and that's it. Same with the firetruck 15 in a row. 

Edited by Partik24
  • Like 1

Just now, Partik24 said:

You don't actually need to kill 15 criminals in a row to get 100% in the game, just 20 on each island with as many tries as you want. 

Killing 15 in a row simply gets you the

Going Rogue trophy and that's it. Same with the firetruck 15 in a row. 

The above is correct.  When it crashes on pause screen it seems to put you back where you were, for the most part, except you wont be in the middle of whatever mission you were on, if you were indeed in the middle of one.  Depending on where you were at time of crash, can really cause some grief as to where you are on the 100% checklist.

But in the 6.5 days since this has been out, has pause screen crashed about a dozen times.  Crashed two or three other times as well.  Very glitchy game, so many elements where hit boxes are accounted for but arent animated.  Love this game, glad I was able to play it and platinum it a second time, and look forward to doing it again whenever I can get my hands on a ps5 but very disappointed in the overall bitching and complaining the very day the game came out.  Truly hope they do a full rework and build the game again, in full, in unreal engine, or whatever it is they use for the modern games (I havent played V yet, finished IV a couple months back & hope for a ps4 or 5 version of that as well.)