Trigger warning

visighost

I loved Little Misfortune. But please be warned its underlying theme is child abuse, and while it's not directly shown, the implications are rather brutal. For example,

Spoiler

at the beginning of the game, you are asked to pick a toy. One of them is "a stone daddy threw at me once. I call it Stony, because it's a stone! Hahaha!" The stone is caked in blood.

The "True" ending (if you collect all sparkles) is also totally heart-wrenching.

Spoiler

...or that's how I interpreted it anyway: Misfortune dying allows her mother to be "eternally happy". Oof. Also, am I wrong in guessing either her mother or father ran her over?

Again, great game. But likely not for everyone.

Edited by visighost
  • Like 2

I've got this in my backlog and will be finishing it next month during a trophy hunting contest with some friends :).

EDIT: Now I've finished this, I can safely say it's one of the most boring, pretentious, irritating and over-hyped games I've played in a long time so unless you're a hardcore trophy hunter, avoid this crap and buy something else. There are far better games out there that cover similar plot points as this so play them instead.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

TikTok made me buy it. I regret nothing. It's on sale now. Doesn't has a plat but the story is amazing. There's a guide on Steam to avoid replaying it. It can be a bit boring since it doens't work as a "game", so use the guide at all costs. As an average trophy hunter and someone who tends to avoid games without platinum trophies, I absolutely loved it.

Edited by Katt
  • Like 1