69/73 missions...what is going on?!

Okay so I am going crazy trying to figure out why I’m only at 69/73 missions done. Before you ask, yes I’m positive I did all the missable missions for Luigi, Joey, Asuka, and Kenji. I explicitly remember doing all of them. I’ve done all the RC, vehicle, and off-road missions. Now for the payphone missions, I also remember doing those—however, for whatever reason, I don’t have the social club achievement, “Talks a Lot”, so I’m suspecting that I somehow missed payphone missions. Now when I go back to the Portland payphone, I’m getting the phone icon and the blue ring for the Turismo race as if I’ve never done it before...but I have. That, and all the missions following it. I’m trying to complete the Turismo race again to see what happens but the Mafia keep blowing up my car FFS. I will keep trying, but in the meantime I’d appreciate if someone chimed in with some advice or if you’re in the same spot by chance. As for the payphone missions in Shoreside Vale and Staunton Island, those are done for sure because the icon is no longer popping up and there’s on ring. If I have to restart this game when I’m this close to 100% completion I’m gonna lose it. 

Did you do the 'hidden' payphone missions? There are 4 missions at the payphone next to Joey's garage (at the dog food factory), but there isn't a blue cirkel for them. You'll just hear the phone ring sometimes when you get near and need to walk up to it.

Edit: also it is normal that the turismo race is still available after completing it. So don't worry about that mission anymore.

Edited by quadboy_007
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, quadboy_007 said:

Did you do the 'hidden' payphone missions? There are 4 missions at the payphone next to Joey's garage (at the dog food factory), but there isn't a blue cirkel for them. You'll just hear the phone ring sometimes when you get near and need to walk up to it.

Edit: also it is normal that the turismo race is still available after completing it. So don't worry about that mission anymore.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! That’s what I was missing all along! PowerPyx’s guide said nothing about the Marty Chonks payphone missions so I had no idea about them. Here I was stressing about having to start a new playthrough — you spared me having a panic attack sir ??

42 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Yeah, like quadboy_007 suggest, I think you may be missing the four Marty Chonks missions next to Joey's Garage. Luckily, I'm pretty sure they can be played at any moment in the story, but they are only available during daytime iirc.

Thanks for the tip about the daytime! 

36 minutes ago, VeldinX said:

Don’t worry about Turismo. It stays on the payphone so if you want you can replay it. 

That doesn’t really address the matter at hand but thanks anyway LOL. Besides, it’s not like there’s any point in doing Turismo again while the mafia’s hostile towards you. It’s literally impossible. 

Glad you got it! Congrats :D

I missed the turismo under 180 seconds so figured I would just come back for it later on. But yeah, literally impossible to finish it when they keep blowing up your vehicle ? luckily the mission is available early on in the game so didn't take me long in a new game ^_^

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

That doesn’t really address the matter at hand but thanks anyway LOL. Besides, it’s not like there’s any point in doing Turismo again while the mafia’s hostile towards you. It’s literally impossible. 

No but your main issue was already answered. ? I just wanted to clear up why Turismo is always active, just in case it confuses anyone else. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...