Glitched trophy - This is Sparta

GioSantangelo

1 hour ago, Andrea9281 said:

This is generally the case, yes. I actually still sometimes boost triple threat online just for fun on PS4 and the method I outlined months ago still works.

On PS5 I've only boosted once - the final game  I needed for the Sparta trophy on the PS5 stack (I did the other 9 games on PS4 and progress carries over) and the method seemed to work there as well.

The safest approach if you are boosting is low overall golds (68-72 or so). Even if you are using emeralds or sapphires, the game can sometimes decide to screw you and match you with a bunch of amythests or diamonds. I've never encountered this with golds.

It's rough so far, I'm getting matched with clutched PD damian lillards already lol.

That's actually genius that the progress transfers over, so I could boost the PS4 version of the game on my PS5 with my spare PS4 and hop on the PS5 to pop trophy? Also, I would want to avoid popping any trophies on the PS4 version as I don't want to complete both, so do any trophies auto pop from PS5 to PS4? Thanks!

4 hours ago, Nickeloadagun said:

It's rough so far, I'm getting matched with clutched PD damian lillards already lol.

That's actually genius that the progress transfers over, so I could boost the PS4 version of the game on my PS5 with my spare PS4 and hop on the PS5 to pop trophy? Also, I would want to avoid popping any trophies on the PS4 version as I don't want to complete both, so do any trophies auto pop from PS5 to PS4? Thanks!

Nothing auto-pops currently. I think the two currently unavailable trophies (for getting the unicorn ball and for getting a card of every colour) MIGHT auto-pop when they become obtainable. Not even the holographic and graded-10 cards will auto-pop. Draft and Sparta must be done again even if you did them on the other console, and MyCareer is completely separate across the two generations, with only your accumulated VC carrying over.

You can definitely do this - it's exactly what I did to pop Sparta on PS4.

For it to work right you need to stop on PS4 once you reach the 10th game. So if you're boosting and do it right you can get to a scenario where you're between 7 wins 2 losses and 9 wins 0 losses, which means you are 100% guaranteed to meet the requirements of the trophy once you go over to PS5 for the final game, even if you lose.

You can do the same with draft - getting to 9 wins and then swapping over to the other generation. However with draft you need to end on a win, so it's not the same level of guarantee that Sparta can be. For my PS5 stack of the Draft, I am doing the first 9 games on PS4 copy since I am much more comfortable with multiplayer on that console, then for the final win I will try to match with a friend on PS5.

On 05/12/2021 at 5:41 AM, Andrea9281 said:

You can do the same with draft - getting to 9 wins and then swapping over to the other generation. However with draft you need to end on a win, so it's not the same level of guarantee that Sparta can be. For my PS5 stack of the Draft, I am doing the first 9 games on PS4 copy since I am much more comfortable with multiplayer on that console, then for the final win I will try to match with a friend on PS5.

So is draft easier on ps4 or 5? 

On 12/9/2021 at 2:11 AM, JayBoyXI said:

So is draft easier on ps4 or 5? 

It really just depends on which console you're more comfortable with. I have played a lot more of 2k on PS4, so I would find it easier. Based on trying to earn the limited trophy on ps5 last year it seems like most of the hardcore players are on that console, whereas ps4 has relatively more casuals. But that's all anecdotal and if you are more familiar with PS5 you should definitely play on it anyways for this.

I tested Sparta today and it is in fact glitched.

First I boosted 10 wins, quickly quitting out of the games with my alt. I did this for the 10th game as well, and the trophy didn't pop despite going 10-0 for the run.

Second try I again just boosted the first 9 wins by quickly quitting. For game 10 I actually tested ending on a loss. I played out the full game and let my alt win. This did in fact pop the trophy!

When I did the PS5 trophy on my main account (after the changes to the mode to make this trophy easier) I won a game that was played out to the end, so can safely say that should work. I did quit a couple times with my main during this run after being matched with randoms for a final record of 8-2.

My theory is that the run can't end on a player quit. Secondary to that, I am curious if a 10-0 run could glitch the trophy with the changes to the mode. The game may not like you ending a 10 game run with 100 points to give. So I would suggest certainly playing out the 10th game, but also making sure you lose at some point - perhaps on the 10th game if you are playing versus randoms so that they won't ragequit and potentially spoil the trophy for you.

Edited by Andrea9281
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...