Umbrella

Titanomachy_75

I notice when using the umbrella is open when the crow walks around can you close the umbrella? Its very annoying to see it open all the time so... Is there a way to close it? Im about to buy the game but this is really making me go crazy if you cant shut that umbrella! lol i know its nothing but its doing something to me right now lol

Just now, Titanomachy_75 said:

No im going to but it regardless but I like to know can you close it? Its annoying yes! But I can over look it!  

dude ive put over 500 hours into the game on different platforms, 100% the game multiple times, did multiple umbrella runs, wrote a trophy guide for the game, and did not notice this about the game. I think you will be okay lol. To answer your question, there is no button to manually open and close the umbrella. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, iNotPerks said:

dude ive put over 500 hours into the game on different platforms, 100% the game multiple times, did multiple umbrella runs, wrote a trophy guide for the game, and did not notice this about the game. I think you will be okay lol. To answer your question, there is no button to manually open and close the umbrella. 

LOL awesome That was the first thing I notice right off the bat! I was like why the umbrella not retracting lol How is the umbrella run? ! run or should I do 2nd for it ? 

2 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

LOL awesome That was the first thing I notice right off the bat! I was like why the umbrella not retracting lol How is the umbrella run? ! run or should I do 2nd for it ? 

Here is my trophy guide:

https://dexdotexe.com/deaths-door-trophy-guide/

If you want do it all in one playthrough you can, its really up to you. Its obviously the hardest trophy in the game but thats not saying much as its also the only "hard" trophy in the game

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The item description specifically mentions that the weapon helps keep the rain off your head, that's why it is open all the time when it is not being swung.

I do question when Devs include trophy constraints that restrict you having fun with the whole weapon arsenal. I could wait and do it on my 2nd playthrough, but little about that playthrough is going to be functionally different other than things are going to be more tedious because everything's going to take 2 to, I assume eventually 3-4X more hits probably by the end of the game depending on how much stronger other weapons get. Now if there had been a NG+ mode when I keep my stats and my shrine upgrades, but had been restricted to the Umbrella, I probably would have been down for doing a 2nd playthrough that way.

2 minutes ago, Guardian_owl said:

The item description specifically mentions that the weapon helps keep the rain off your head, that's why it is open all the time when it is not being swung.

I do question when Devs include trophy constraints that restrict you having fun with the whole weapon arsenal. I could wait and do it on my 2nd playthrough, but little about that playthrough is going to be functionally different other than things are going to be more tedious because everything's going to take 2 to, I assume eventually 3-4X more hits probably by the end of the game depending on how much stronger other weapons get. Now if there had been a NG+ mode when I keep my stats and my shrine upgrades, but had been restricted to the Umbrella, I probably would have been down for doing a 2nd playthrough that way.

You just have to get used to rolling out of the way of getting hit, tbh I love the game [ I have done the PS4 version recently ], great soundtrack and doing the Umbrella run this time on the PS4 version wasn't as bad as it was when I first did it, you can still use your projectile weapons [ the arrow, fire ability - which I recommend upgrading very quickly as it will help very much in the Umbrella run and the bomb and hook abilities ] and it doesn't negate the trophy, you just use it as a melee weapon.  Take a few swipes and then roll away particularly from the any lunge attacks like from the Knights and then use a projectile weapon.