[Warning] Save file corruption resets your kills counter

Vox-Media

Original topic title: Kills counter probably bugged (at least for me)

That's almost 1 month that i'm trying to get the 2k kills trophy but i can't even reach the 1k kills one...usually i get 10/15 kills each match but it doesn't seems to count for the game (the kill counter on my in-game profile is stuck from weeks).

I'm playing the ps4 version on my ps5 (so i can't track the % of the trophies)

I know from the internet that other players have had this issue but sometimes it fixes itself after some days (but it doesn't seems my case).

Does anyone here have this problem? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Edited by Vox-Media

after today's patch the kills counter seems to work correctly but...i've found a really bad thing: all your stats (like kills, deaths, wins, losses etc.) are stored ONLY in your save file (even if the game is ONLINE BASED) so if your save file gets corrupted (that happened to me weeks ago) all your progress is lost (unless you recover an older save file from your psn cloud).

22 hours ago, Vox-Media said:

after today's patch the kills counter seems to work correctly but...i've found a really bad thing: all your stats (like kills, deaths, wins, losses etc.) are stored ONLY in your save file (even if the game is ONLINE BASED) so if your save file gets corrupted (that happened to me weeks ago) all your progress is lost (unless you recover an older save file from your psn cloud).

I'm sorry to hear that your kills count is glitched but I appreciate the tip to make a cloud backup of the save file.

I think the kill tracking in this game is a bit off overall, when I check the progression info it says I have like 1500+ kills but I only got the 1000 kills trophy recently. When I add up the amount of kills for each weapon I'm not even close to 1000 kills so I would say that something is a bit off with the kill trackning, or at least has been.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I've been playing the game for the last few days and it has crashed resulting in save game corruption 3 times, each time my win and kill counters reset, but not my XP level...?

I am now uploading my save to cloud save after each game. 

It's actually a really fun game, so i'm going to push on and upload my save as i go. A bit annoying as you have to close the game down to do this, but it the only work around i can think of.

17 hours ago, timpurnat said:

this actually really sucks, I lost my progress 3 times already. I guess I will start uploading the save as well. The game is crashing a lot - ps4 version playing on ps5. Should I switch to ps4? 

Im playing PS4 version on PS4.

Starting to think i should have just got the PS5 version. ?

2 hours ago, the_game_nerd said:

Im playing PS4 version on PS4.

Starting to think i should have just got the PS5 version. 1f612.png

Yeah, I tried everything, apparently, the only way is to play offline with bots, defend and not let them past the first point. That way it won't crash people said

• Like 1

Just an overall warning for anyone particularly going for the "25 wins on X map" trophy...

ISSUE: If your game corrupts, every win counter is also reset back to 0. Twice within 2 weeks, I've had 19+ wins on Darkforest (Tracking Manually), which has now reset back to 0.

FIX: My suggestion in general for these trophies would be to play offline and win the first phase of the map, however this will still put you back 5-6 hours at the best of times. I'd HIGHLY suggest going for 25 games of a single map in a row just to ensure you're able to secure a certain map trophy and back up on the cloud, in case of corruption. This will make maps super boring quickly, however it is maybe the safest way to minimise corruption resets.

Edited by Attwoodinho

1 hour ago, Attwoodinho said:

Just an overall warning for anyone particularly going for the "25 wins on X map" trophy...

ISSUE: If your game corrupts, every win counter is also reset back to 0. Twice within 2 weeks, I've had 19+ wins on Darkforest (Tracking Manually), which has now reset back to 0.

FIX: My suggestion in general for these trophies would be to play offline and win the first phase of the map, however this will still put you back 5-6 hours at the best of times. I'd HIGHLY suggest going for 25 games of a single map in a row just to ensure you're able to secure a certain map trophy, in case of corruption. This will make maps super boring quickly, however it is maybe the safest way to minimise corruption resets.

Just simply backup your save.