Nightmare is too much

sparkx1985

Veteran is difficult but doable, nightmare on the other hand literally is a complete and utter mega nightmare.

I want the platinum for this game but right now it's hopeless, finding decent players is difficult, and when you finally do the RNG is so unfair, it's as if the game wants to troll you.

I don't think it's worth the time as it's not an enjoyable difficulty but incredibly frustrating.

That's my rant finished, I'm sure others feel the same

We can only hope the devs do something about it 

35 minutes ago, sparkx1985 said:

Veteran is difficult but doable, nightmare on the other hand literally is a complete and utter mega nightmare.

I want the platinum for this game but right now it's hopeless, finding decent players is difficult, and when you finally do the RNG is so unfair, it's as if the game wants to troll you.

I don't think it's worth the time as it's not an enjoyable difficulty but incredibly frustrating.

That's my rant finished, I'm sure others feel the same

We can only hope the devs do something about it 

They are releasing a solo mode soon and maybe the ai (which so far is great) would be better than randoms.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

how is the difficulty now? and is it possible to downgrade the patch if a lower patch was easier or will the save not allow it? is this similar to world war z. i enjoyed world war z alot but finding good players for nightmare was a nightmare itself. alot of them i ended up soloing by inching my way through. 

• 4 months later...

Nightmare on current version is very doable solo.

You'll need to stack melee speed and health recovery (damage isn't too important as life steal will likely only proc on weak enemies), then two or three perks for whatever primary weapon you like. In my case the AA-12 with the shotgun hit overheal perk allowed me to go toe to toe with bosses. 

AI teammates have really good team focused perks, and will allow you to overheal to about 160% health (this can increase depending on perks you find through the act).

Currently Holly's melee kill heal combines extremely well with basically any close combat + life steal build, to the point you can just run around and speed through the entire chapter while your very strong and accurate bot friends clean up any enemies you didn't kill by your hand.

Only thing I'd advise against is doing Ridden Hives on nightmare, as close combat against Bruisers or Tallboys will drain your health too quickly and its overall not worth the risk. If going melee you should also consider that the Bat is the middle point for speed and reach, and will make it easier to avoid damage against hordes.

As long as you have a cohesive 15-card deck you'll be fine. Don't forget that aiming down sights only increases your accuracy by slowing down your movement, but if you stack up to around 120 accuracy your recoil and spread will be so weak you can pretty much just run and gun whatever's on your path without missing a single shot- most importantly this DOES apply to shotgun spread. Once your hip shooting is buffed enough you should equip perk cards that disable ADS altogether for massive boosts.

A lot of cards have been nerfed as of recently, so all I can suggest on that front is to buy regular perk cards from the supply lines until Burn cards start showing up, and then consider building a deck that suits you. Before this Veteran should be your go-to for supply point farming.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...