Downgrade to 1.00 on PS5?

zodac01

Hi,

Has anyone managed to use the PSX Download Helper method mentioned in the guide to successfully downgrade to v1.00 on a PS5? I've tried it today but keep getting the latest SDV version even after setting the proxy correctly (and seeing logs in PSX Download Helper). Just checking if it's still viable.

Thanks

I havent had any lucky recently with the PSX Download Helper. Last time I tried to use it was for Uncharted 4 and I couldnt get the 1.0 version to download from both PS5 or a PS4 Pro. Unsure if PSX Download Helper is still working altogether at the moment.

On 12/15/2021 at 10:36 PM, zodac01 said:

Hi,

Has anyone managed to use the PSX Download Helper method mentioned in the guide to successfully downgrade to v1.00 on a PS5? I've tried it today but keep getting the latest SDV version even after setting the proxy correctly (and seeing logs in PSX Download Helper). Just checking if it's still viable.

Thanks

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 11:36 AM, zodac01 said:

Hi,

Thanks

Haven't played the game in ages. Just curious what is better at version 1.0 compared to the updates?

13 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The downgrade exploit only very rarely works on the PS5 due to how the OS works, thus your only real option is to get a PS4 and do it there.

Not really an OS thing. You can still easily downgrade PS4 games on PS5 with a reverse proxy.

The last time I tried to get a 1.0 version of a PS5 game though, Sony servers kept sending me data for the latest version.

• Like 1

Thanks all. Yeah, seems like a few people have managed to get it working on PS5 (which I think I have done), but the servers still only send the latest version. Might just be a PS5 limitation. Oh well. :)

6 hours ago, Gattusso02 said:

Haven't played the game in ages. Just curious what is better at version 1.0 compared to the updates?

There's a glitch where you can set your name to an item ID, then talk to the saloon owner. He'll say your name and you get those items which you can sell. It's a quick way to get a lot of money to speed up a couple of trophies.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zodac01 said:

Thanks all. Yeah, seems like a few people have managed to get it working on PS5 (which I think I have done), but the servers still only send the latest version. Might just be a PS5 limitation. Oh well. :)

There's a glitch where you can set your name to an item ID, then talk to the saloon owner. He'll say your name and you get those items which you can sell. It's a quick way to get a lot of money to speed up a couple of trophies.

Oh that one! I never fully understood that reading the guide from before. So that was patched out I see. Alright. Good luck! Stardew is one of my proudest platinums I got :) Hope you get it too!

• 3 months later...

Also looking for a way to do this on the PS5 (not for Stardew, but any game).

I've heard from at least 3 others they have got it working but no-one have confirmed it properly with steps to complete.

So far, I have tried PSX download helper (confirmed to not work on PS5) and node.js (this is what I'm banking on, but for some reason, I cannot connect to the proxy at all despite following the steps in the respective guides - I think this might be the "OS" problem or whatever it may be).

Charles seems to be only viable for downloading select patches. Unfortunately, for Binding of Isaac, I need a 1.00 version since an exploit was patched in 1.031 and the earliest patch on ORBISPATCHES is 1.07 :(