No platinum trophy. Why?

Desavenencia

13 minutes ago, DesmaBR said:

Yeah, that's the prologue version. A demo containing only the prologue.

You had to pay for it btw

Wow! I had no idea; I got it right by chance.

I imagine they made that version only for Japan because at the time it was exclusively released there... probably long before the full game was released.

I guess it's only available to buy digitally through the Japan PlayStation Store, right?

Is there a physical version?

Just now, Desavenencia said:

I imagine they made that version only for Japan because at the time it was exclusively released there... probably long before the full game was released.

I guess it's only available to buy digitally through the Japan PlayStation Store, right?

Japanese only, digital only, and you couldn't transfer the progress to the full game.

I don't think it's available for purchase anymore.

The game almost killed Vanillaware, so I guess they needed an extra buck at the time

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Desavenencia said:

I own the English physical version, not sure about the Japanese version.

There's also a Nintendo Switch version coming out soon.

1 minute ago, DesmaBR said:

The game almost killed Vanillaware, so I guess they needed an extra buck at the time

What do you mean by this? I though the game was successful? Is there something I don't know about it?

1 minute ago, bpmotard said:

What do you mean by this? I though the game was successful? Is there something I don't know about it?

Thankfully it does seem like it's selling well nowadays, but the game had a pretty rough development cycle, with Atlus getting pretty mad at them at some point.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

Is there any source of this? Or that it "almost killed Vanillaware". Feels like internet speculation presented as facts.

https://www.frontlinejp.net/2019/12/24/how-13-sentinels-was-created-interview-with-george-kamitani-and-vanillaware-staff-part-3/

Kamitani says that because the project took so long, he cannot help but remember all the problems they ran into. He mentions Atlus getting angry at them for the lack of progress at a dinner after Tokyo Game Show 2018, and feeling that he was going crazy after rewriting the plot over and over again for three years and yelling in the middle of the night.

Maenou says that there will never be another game like 13 Sentinels, and that it is absolutely impossible to make a direct sequel, and Hirai says that it is a miracle that it was completed. Kamiya says that even if the game sells well, he would not be able to make another one, and Atlus would not permit it in any case.

• Like 3