Resogun question.

BrettyBoy

You're going to get different answers based on people's play styles.

I think a custom built ship with Phobos weaponry is the best, with 5 agility, 1 boost, and 9 overdrive points.

Phobos' weapon is the most powerful, and too much speed at some point becomes redundant. If you know the enemies and patterns well, a quick boost is all that's needed as a means of escape when you're really in a bind, so boost points aren't too important in my opinion. While boosts can also be used to eliminate enemies, overdrive is far more efficient and powerful. The additional powerups earned along the way go a long way to better any ship as well. 

If you're trying to minimize play-throughs or something, it probably doesn't matter too much.

• Like 2

That depends on your play style. For some modes like the Protector mode, Phobos is the best as it kills the enemies much faster, while Nemesis comes as the second best option.

As for stats, this is what I've been using for years.

Agility: 5
Boost: 7
Overdrive: 3

The main reason for this is because I value the boost more than anything. Having played this for so long, I know where and how much boost to use in one go. To put it another way, use it wisely by tapping the button, instead of wasting it all in one go. Same can be said about the overdrive. Once you know what's coming, you're safe.

1 hour ago, B1rvine said:

I think a custom built ship with Phobos weaponry is the best, with 5 agility, 1 boost, and 9 overdrive points.

Phobos' weapon is the most powerful, and too much speed at some point becomes redundant. If you know the enemies and patterns well, a quick boost is all that's needed as a means of escape when you're really in a bind, so boost points aren't too important in my opinion. While boosts can also be used to eliminate enemies, overdrive is far more efficient and powerful. The additional powerups earned along the way go a long way to better any ship as well. 

If you're trying to minimize play-throughs or something, it probably doesn't matter too much.

1 hour ago, el_pampino said:

Take nemesis. It's the best ship

1 hour ago, MrGarland said:

That depends on your play style. For some modes like the Protector mode, Phobos is the best as it kills the enemies much faster, while Nemesis comes as the second best option.

As for stats, this is what I've been using for years.

Agility: 5
Boost: 7
Overdrive: 3

The main reason for this is because I value the boost more than anything. Having played this for so long, I know where and how much boost to use in one go. To put it another way, use it wisely by tapping the button, instead of wasting it all in one go. Same can be said about the overdrive. Once you know what's coming, you're safe.

Thanks, old boys.

3 hours ago, BrettyBoy said:

In the game Resogun, what’s the best ship to use for veteran difficulty setting? 

2 hours ago, B1rvine said:

Stat points will be where most players will differ (for example with myself I prefer higher boost then overdrive to match my reaction speed).

But what B1rvine went with here is pretty solid recommendation for what most players do build custom. To add onto this you don't have to make your ship overly complicated Infact you make your custom ship a single block which is exactly the size of your hitbox. This makes maneuvering between enemies and projectiles much more easier as it completely removed the guess work out of "what's a hit". Making the color a bright neon like green or pink will also help the single block stand out against the background so you don't lose sight of it easily.

14 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Stat points will be where most players will differ (for example with myself I prefer higher boost then overdrive to match my reaction speed).

But what B1rvine went with here is pretty solid recommendation for what most players do build custom. To add onto this you don't have to make your ship overly complicated Infact you make your custom ship a single block which is exactly the size of your hitbox. This makes maneuvering between enemies and projectiles much more easier as it completely removed the guess work out of "what's a hit". Making the color a bright neon like green or pink will also help the single block stand out against the background so you don't lose sight of it easily.

Thanks, man. 

On 14/01/2022 at 9:44 PM, Lord_Bane999 said:

Will the trophy for completing the game on veteran pop if I do it via single level instead of arcade?

25 minutes ago, BrettyBoy said:

Will the trophy for completing the game on veteran pop if I do it via single level instead of arcade?

yes. it says " Complete all levels on Veteran difficulty", not "Complete Arcade mode"  like the 1CC trophy,

Edited by Sebatrox