Summer and winter festivals?

Hey y'all! So I managed to get the spring and fall festival cutscenes but I'm unable to get the summer and winter ones. Anybody know if there's anything specific that needs to be done here? I'm on Year 2, only extension I got was the pond, I haven't gotten anything else yet. I've befriended both Gustafa and Rock as well as everybody in town but to no avail. I do everything the guide is telling me but still nothing. Anybody run into the same issue? Also something the guide fails to mention is that I was wondering about is, are the festivals timed? Because I know that you grow older as the years go by so I'm wondering if it locks the trophy due to old age?

24 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

You should be able to trigger it anytime. I think it partially depends on who your pals are, but not 100%

But I've befriended everyone? I've heard that the weather needs to be clear too but how do I tell? Would really not wanna do another playthrough of this from scratch. The beginning of the game is mentally draining considering how much groundwork that needs to be done...

36 minutes ago, Xugoshi said:

But I've befriended everyone? I've heard that the weather needs to be clear too but how do I tell? Would really not wanna do another playthrough of this from scratch. The beginning of the game is mentally draining considering how much groundwork that needs to be done...

It’s been a while, so can’t 100% remember for sure.

• 6 months later...
On 1/18/2022 at 11:37 AM, Xugoshi said:

Hey y'all! So I managed to get the spring and fall festival cutscenes but I'm unable to get the summer and winter ones. Anybody know if there's anything specific that needs to be done here? I'm on Year 2, only extension I got was the pond, I haven't gotten anything else yet. I've befriended both Gustafa and Rock as well as everybody in town but to no avail. I do everything the guide is telling me but still nothing. Anybody run into the same issue? Also something the guide fails to mention is that I was wondering about is, are the festivals timed? Because I know that you grow older as the years go by so I'm wondering if it locks the trophy due to old age?

A bit late but a neat trick is to simply go in and out of a house around the trigger area where the cut scene is supposed to appear. I am not sure nor can remember since it's been nearly two years since I last played and completed it but the game has a per-determined general time frame if it doesn't trigger right away. Again not sure on the specifics but as long as the weather is not getting in the way and you don't have any farm stuff happening then the cut scenes should work.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This may help somebody, so what I did was check the calendar for the day and timeframe it was scheduled for, and exited the house around that time for the festival to trigger. It's also good to have a spare save for the night prior to the festival since it can be canceled due to weather.

Edited by GoldenHail
  • Like 1