Old Game Alliance Solo

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Atom1cMoose said:

Just so I don’t start a new thread as my question is in regards to OGM coop, does the exploit still work? I’m no longer able to start the game to watch the cut scene after starting a new game? Might have been patched

The 1.08 patch was the last one and AFAIK, this exploit was never fixed.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 05/06/2022 at 7:07 PM, Atom1cMoose said:

Just so I don’t start a new thread as my question is in regards to OGM coop, does the exploit still work? I’m no longer able to start the game to watch the cut scene after starting a new game? Might have been patched

You are already done now, but just to provide data for anyone else coming across this thread, there is no need to actually start the game in coop and watch any cutscene. As soon as the player selects cooperative and Old Game Minus, a coop save is created and can now be used in solo to prepare for the coop trophy later.

I also don't think you need to beat the final boss in coop either, I think you only need to launch the ship in coop, but I haven't been able to test this theory. Would be nice if someone could test this theory. Just make sure to make a backup before entering the spire and defeating the final boss in case my theory is busted, just so you don't waste a playthrough.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheYuriG said:

I also don't think you need to beat the final boss in coop either, I think you only need to launch the ship in coop, but I haven't been able to test this theory. Would be nice if someone could test this theory. Just make sure to make a backup before entering the spire and defeating the final boss in case my theory is busted, just so you don't waste a playthrough.

You have to kill the final boss, else your playthrough doesn't count and the trophy won't pop. I too thought you could just skip straight to the part where you launch the ship but it didn't work and the trophy didn't pop :(.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

You have to kill the final boss, else your playthrough doesn't count and the trophy won't pop. I too thought you could just skip straight to the part where you launch the ship but it didn't work and the trophy didn't pop :(.

Have you specifically tried this? Because I saw the report from the dude on pst.org and he didn't try specifically this. He said what worked for him (before boss, coop) and what didn't (coop playthrough savefile, but solo [I also tested this before seeing his post, also didn't work for me]).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Have you specifically tried this? Because I saw the report from the dude on pst.org and he didn't try specifically this. He said what worked for him (before boss, coop) and what didn't (coop playthrough savefile, but solo [I also tested this before seeing his post, also didn't work for me]).

Yes - I did exactly that. I had a save where I skipped straight to the Javelin, invited a friend, launched the ship ........ no trophy :(. I also tried to solo the co-op trophy and that also didn't pop when I tried it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

Yes - I did exactly that. I had a save where I skipped straight to the Javelin, invited a friend, launched the ship ........ no trophy :(. I also tried to solo the co-op trophy and that also didn't pop when I tried it.

Alright, thanks. One less thing for me to investigate now.

tsmugz also told me in Discord that he tried it and it didn't work for him, so that's another confirmation.

• Like 1