God mode + Speedrun

Rejim

So my question is simple, is it possible to get the no death trophy while doing the speedrun one (I'm guessing you should). Since I need to do a 3rd playthrough anyways, would serve me better doing it on easy rather than Ng+ (apparently the restart level didn't work and still got awarded a death, so would save me the up/dl save files every now and then).

9 minutes ago, Rejim said:

So my question is simple, is it possible to get the no death trophy while doing the speedrun one (I'm guessing you should). Since I need to do a 3rd playthrough anyways, would serve me better doing it on easy rather than Ng+ (apparently the restart level didn't work and still got awarded a death, so would save me the up/dl save files every now and then).

how hard / fun is the game?

Game is fun for what is is. Not too extraordinary and possibly a lack of depth, but still can be enjoyed. Has some good abilities for you to choose from (and anytime respec, so that's nice). Wouldn't say it's that hard once you get used to it and it's quite short, only has 3 levels, with each separated in 3 areas (4 for the last level) and a boss type after each area. So even if anything gives you trouble, an additional playthrough ain't the end of the world. Just be careful of the missable trophies, but with the 2/3 necessary playthroughs, again, not a big deal.

@Rejim

That speedrun is not an actual speedrun. No matter how long you complete it, you'll still the get the trophy. And, for no-death trophy, it is better to do it on the easiest difficulty. To make the game not record your death, you have to close the game with the :ps: button, not restart level.

@MatThaRiPP3R84

This game is quite fun on easy, but it could get very chaotic on highest difficulty.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

@Rejim

That speedrun is not an actual speedrun. No matter how long you complete it, you'll still the get the trophy. And, for no-death trophy, it is better to do it on the easiest difficulty. To make the game not record your death, you have to close the game with the :ps: button, not restart level.

@MatThaRiPP3R84

This game is quite fun on easy, but it could get very chaotic on highest difficulty.

I do get the particularity of the speedrun, yet my query stands, is the no death obtainable using that mode or not? Also, haven't tried it yet, but does it have a difficulty selection as well or it has one by default (and if so, which is it)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rejim said:

I do get the particularity of the speedrun, yet my query stands, is the no death obtainable using that mode or not?

I have no idea. Never tried.

2 hours ago, Rejim said:

Also, haven't tried it yet, but does it have a difficulty selection as well or it has one by default (and if so, which is it)

According to this thread, it is set on Normal. It is claimed that you can see it during pause - I never noticed. :lol:

• 1 year later...
On 1/27/2022 at 6:28 AM, zizimonster said:

@Rejim

@MatThaRiPP3R84

Hi Zizi. How tough is the guide’s recommendation of doing an Easy + No Death run for 1st playthrough?

It seems like a short game and since they’ve now added NG+ I figured it might be less stressful do just do 3 runs. A blind run on easy for fun, then use NG+ to go for both a No Death speedrun, and a Hard mode playthrough to cap it off. What do you think?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Hi Zizi. How tough is the guide’s recommendation of doing an Easy + No Death run for 1st playthrough?

It seems like a short game and since they’ve now added NG+ I figured it might be less stressful do just do 3 runs. A blind run on easy for fun, then use NG+ to go for both a No Death speedrun, and a Hard mode playthrough to cap it off. What do you think?

What I did:

First playthrough: No death on Easy difficulty setting while trying to obtain miscellaneous trophies.

Second playthrough: New Game Plus

Speedrun and Arena Colosseum are separate modes.

I do not recommend getting the no-death trophy on New Game Plus because that mode claims that "it is harder than Hard". There was a three-phase boss that took me half an hour to beat on that mode.

On the other hand, no death on Easy is actually easy, provided that you back up your save data often enough in order to avoid mistakes.

The trick to no death is to always be on the move and spray and pray. It is quite easy, really. The challenge comes when beating New Game Plus.

Edited by zizimonster
updated
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

What I did:

First playthrough: No death on Easy difficulty setting while trying to obtain miscellaneous trophies.

Second playthrough: New Game Plus on Hard difficulty setting.

Speedrun and Arena Colosseum are separate modes.

I do not recommend getting the no-death trophy on New Game Plus because that mode claims that "it is harder than Hard". There was a three-phase boss that took me half an hour to beat on that mode.

On the other hand, no death on Easy is actually easy, provided that you back up your save data often enough in order to avoid mistakes.

The trick to no death is to always be on the move and spray and pray. It is quite easy, really. The challenge comes when beating New Game Plus on Hard.

I didn’t realize NG+ was harder, I figured it just allowed you to start with upgrades carried over etc. I’ll take your advice and do what you did. I was mostly worried that a first playthrough no death run might be needlessly frustrating but it doesn’t sound too bad. Thanks for the advice man, game looks fun! 🙂

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

I didn’t realize NG+ was harder, I figured it just allowed you to start with upgrades carried over etc. I’ll take your advice and do what you did. I was mostly worried that a first playthrough no death run might be needlessly frustrating but it doesn’t sound too bad. Thanks for the advice man, game looks fun! 🙂

I think I need to clarify something:

You can't actually choose a difficulty setting on New Game Plus because that mode defaults to "harder than Hard".

I've updated my previous post.

Edited by zizimonster
  • Like 1