I really miss when lucasarts and TT… made easy games?

The holy trilogy of any early early lego game was lego batman lego indy and complete saga you could count harry potter as 4 as well but… im really starting to see errors in the newer games, and how drastic the lego movie game is….. let me start off by saying i love lego batman it was my childhood... I really miss the 1.0 TT Engine of batman where all you needed was a boomerang and a symbol to smash any lego object. the simple puzzles made even the newer players whove never played a lego game basic it was simple it was gripping it was nostalgia!!!

Ive finished almost all the easy lego games i loved lego indy and lego batman 1 and 2…. But the movie game is such a waste the characters aren't really fun nothing was memorable it was just a copy paste of the movie plus the stud bar being so high…and i really really wish Tt went back to their roots of easy puzzles i dont have the time to spend 100+ hours looking for lego pants or blueprints especially…. Changing the stud meter to a high number every game, just bring back the simple days of find the characters in The batcave and freeplay with mumbles, the newer games have really disappointed me to 100%?? im kinda worried skywalkers gonna be a chore to finish i dont understand why they gotta change SO MUCH… as the expression goes dont fix what aint broke!!

Now, when we look into present day we have some new lego games that are very different from the games we had back then. Tt games seem to always change or add things that are usually for the worse. 

HOWever, these games can be and are fun! (except for LMS2. That game completely dropped its predecessor's charm) 

:( sad just had high hopes for easier puzzles especially when the backtracking is annoying

Edited by Italianlaaaad2
  • Like 1

I agree. They quickly feel like a chore. I hate the hubs and the million things you have to do in each one, half the time you can't do because of needing certain characters, which you can't get until you have almost completed the game, so there is lots of backtracking and replaying. Just wish it was story missions. The last 2 Lego games I played was Lego Movie and Star Wars Force Awakens, and they have burnt me out. Like you I prefer the older titles.

Edited by sithknight666
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, sithknight666 said:

I agree. They quickly feel like a chore. I hate the hubs and the million things you have to do in each one, half the time you can't do because of needing certain characters, which you can't get until you have almost completed the game, so there is lots of backtracking and replaying. Just wish it was story missions. The last 2 Lego games I played was Lego Movie and Star Wars Force Awakens, and they have burnt me out. Like you I prefer the older titles.

ye :/ went back to harry potter and noticed how much better that was sad i dont see them going back to be easy any time soon or even remaster old stuff

Edited by Italianlaaaad2

10 hours ago, gazdavis11 said:

I’ve played Levi super heroes, Lego Avengers and Lego Jurassic world. I thought they were really good and very chilled, perfect podcast listening games and whilst a little grindy nothing was particularly difficult. 

how do you rate these 3 games? 

Lego” you mean and  tried marvel but it felt long cumbersome

I agree with this so much! The huge interactive hub worlds feel so bad to me, it's something about the way that you explore and interact with them that sends me to sleep, and each game they seem to want to pack even more into them. I would much prefer a lego game with a small hub e.g cantina in the old star wars games, but more story chapters to make up for any perceived lack of content. It's not a matter of difficulty either, lets be honets nothing is hard in lego games, but plenty can feel like a chore after a while.

Edited by jpwbjpwb
  • Like 1

Depends on the game, I've done almost every LEGO game and I think the Star Wars ones are amongst the best, along with Jurassic. The Batman ones were also good.

Indiana Jones was not great, and the LEGO Movie and Incredibles ones were also pretty weak.

The worst by far was DC Supervillians. That hub was just obnoxious and overstayed it's welcome like a one night standing wanting breakfast.

26 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Depends on the game, I've done almost every LEGO game and I think the Star Wars ones are amongst the best, along with Jurassic. The Batman ones were also good.

Indiana Jones was not great, and the LEGO Movie and Incredibles ones were also pretty weak.

The worst by far was DC Supervillians. That hub was just obnoxious and overstayed it's welcome like a one night standing wanting breakfast.

ye even tho i enjoyed indy thats why they shouldnt put so much and go back to smaller hubs like the batcave or the cantina less is more as the saying goes

Edited by Italianlaaaad2

I was really surprised with the complexity of the hub world challenges in Lego DC Villains, as well as the understanding of the source material. It's been a looooong time since I played the Lego Star Wars originals but what I do remember is the grind for studs was pretty bad, at least the modern games have tons of ways to get studs and buy all the characters, I would definitely agree its too many ways though...Tt needs to chill on the overworld sizes. Definitely agree I miss the intimacy of the cantina area or the Batcave.

But hey at least the new game will have a Mumble feature so we can go back to those good old unvoiced cutscene days!

5 minutes ago, PMDStrandbeest said:

I was really surprised with the complexity of the hub world challenges in Lego DC Villains, as well as the understanding of the source material. It's been a looooong time since I played the Lego Star Wars originals but what I do remember is the grind for studs was pretty bad, at least the modern games have tons of ways to get studs and buy all the characters, I would definitely agree its too many ways though...Tt needs to chill on the overworld sizes. Definitely agree I miss the intimacy of the cantina area or the Batcave.

But hey at least the new game will have a Mumble feature so we can go back to those good old unvoiced cutscene days!

i think part of the issue is the stud and red bricks are placed in confusing areas a bit random so people get confused plus costing 200,000…. Or more just for a x2 cheat?

Edited by Italianlaaaad2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Try Marvel Super Heroes 2 lol it’s awful

this was fine to me I did it twice (three on Vita, but it’s different)

Marvel games are grindy u still gotta do a lot of back tracking and u die a lot from no invincibility code?I found cap would fall off the edge way too much  

Edited by Italianlaaaad2