Fallout New Vegas DLC

Master_Mayhem_

Yes, there is an Ultimate Edition for New Vegas, so it will always be possible to play the DLCs. They can also still be purchased in the store separately, but I’d recommend just getting the disc with everything on it (you’re saving money and the game runs surprisingly well with all of the data on one disc, unlike Fallout 3: GOTY Edition).

Edited by HoorayForTyler
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Yes, there is an Ultimate Edition for New Vegas, so it will always be possible to play the DLCs. They can also still be purchased in the store separately, but I’d recommend just getting the disc with everything on it (your saving money and the game runs surprisingly well with all of the data on one disc, unlike Fallout 3: GOTY Edition).

Thank you. Guess it might be time to dust off the old ps3 lol.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 2/4/2022 at 0:20 PM, HoorayForTyler said:

Yes, there is an Ultimate Edition for New Vegas, so it will always be possible to play the DLCs. They can also still be purchased in the store separately, but I’d recommend just getting the disc with everything on it (you’re saving money and the game runs surprisingly well with all of the data on one disc, unlike Fallout 3: GOTY Edition).

Not really, I have to reset my game or console every few hours bc the save file gets too big or else the game plays at 1fps or straight up locks up forcing me to hard shut off my console and turn it back on

42 minutes ago, Jammerdude07 said:

Not really, I have to reset my game or console every few hours bc the save file gets too big or else the game plays at 1fps or straight up locks up forcing me to hard shut off my console and turn it back on

I never once said in my post that you wouldn’t run into any frame drops or crashes. What you’re experiencing is standard with the Fallout games on PlayStation 3. I was mainly comparing the gaming experience in Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition with Fallout 3: GOTY Edition, which is much less stable than the former.

8 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

I never once said in my post that you wouldn’t run into any frame drops or crashes. What you’re experiencing is standard with the Fallout games on PlayStation 3. I was mainly comparing the gaming experience in Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition with Fallout 3: GOTY Edition, which is much less stable than the former.

Ok, I read it as preforming well overall and not compared. Plus I was pissed off from playing Dead Money lol ( I despise that dlc especially with ps3 crashes and frame drops)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jammerdude07 said:

Ok, I read it as preforming well overall and not compared. Plus I was pissed off from playing Dead Money lol ( I despise that dlc especially with ps3 crashes and frame drops)

No worries man, and trust me I understand completely lol. The Fallout games were not meant to be played on PS3 for the best gaming experience, that’s for sure. I remember Dead Money and especially Honest Hearts running insanely bad back when I played them. Also idk which PS3 model you play on primarily, but the regular Slim runs the Fallout games so much better than the fat model or Super Slim. You’re going to get horrible frame drops, more frequent crashes, and longer load times on those two.

On 3/30/2023 at 11:22 PM, HoorayForTyler said:

No worries man, and trust me I understand completely lol. The Fallout games were not meant to be played on PS3 for the best gaming experience, that’s for sure. I remember Dead Money and especially Honest Hearts running insanely bad back when I played them. Also idk which PS3 model you play on primarily, but the regular Slim runs the Fallout games so much better than the fat model or Super Slim. You’re going to get horrible frame drops, more frequent crashes, and longer load times on those two.

God I’m on the slim and I can’t imagine trying to play on the others and it being even worse

On 3/30/2023 at 11:25 PM, HoorayForTyler said:

Not quite. FONV UE on PS3 runs terribly compared to standard with DLC from store. 

6 hours ago, totallycrushed said:

Not quite. FONV UE on PS3 runs terribly compared to standard with DLC from store. 

Once again, I was comparing New Vegas’s Ultimate Edition to Fallout 3’s GOTY Edition. Not doubting that buying the original disc with DLCs from the store would give someone a better gaming experience. Although I distinctly remember the Ultimate Edition having faster load times and less frequent frame drops back when I did real time comparisons with the original disc, but it seems that these games just end up giving different people different experiences sadly. 

1 hour ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Once again, I was comparing New Vegas’s Ultimate Edition to Fallout 3’s GOTY Edition. Not doubting that buying the original disc with DLCs from the store would give someone a better gaming experience. Although I distinctly remember the Ultimate Edition having faster load times and less frequent frame drops back when I did real time comparisons with the original disc, but it seems that these games just end up giving different people different experiences sadly. 

UE definitely isn’t any faster and gets a lot worse before standard after 8mb save file and has worse framerates than it. UE usually dips to single digits.

• 7 months later...