Speedrun - Legitimate

Hey everyone,

All I see posted is how to get the speedrun glitch to continue to work on the new version.  I promise, the speedrun is not all that challenging once you get through the game once and know how it progresses.  Unlock unlimited ammo and weapon select, and play on explorer.  Below is a post I made on the original game's forum about my times completing the speedrun.  It is very doable, just skip cutscenes, and progress quickly through the levels that want you to fight slowly.

***Begin Old Post***

For those who would like to do the Speedrun legitimately, it may be easier than trying to make the glitch work.  Below are the benchmark times I hit in my playthrough, and finished with almost 11 minutes to spare.  Feel free to use as a reference for your playthroughs.  I got the under 6 hour playthrough on my first attempt at it, third playthrough of the game.  I also utilized several save slots so if I ended up late on the 6 hours, I could load my save file from prior to chapters I thought went particularly slow, and replay from there.  Did not need to though.

Apologies for some missing times, I logged the time whenever I saw the "Chapter 'X'" pop on screen and some I missed when I was skipping cutscenes.  Time corresponds to when that title popped on screen.  For example, chapter 2 began at 14 minutes, 47 seconds.

Uncharted 4 Time
  Hours Minutes Seconds
Chapter 1      
Chapter 2 0 14 47
Chapter 3 0 29 51
Chapter 4 0 39 39
Chapter 5 0 43 40
Chapter 6 0 49 32
Chapter 7 1 07 07
Chapter 8 1 16 25
Chapter 9 1 44 47
Chapter 10 2 02 02
Chapter 11 2 25 55
Chapter 12      
Chapter 13 3 20 22
Chapter 14 3 38 13
Chapter 15      
Chapter 16 4 00 59
Chapter 17 4 12 28
Chapter 18 4 40 28
Chapter 19 4 59 11
Chapter 20 5 13 28
Chapter 21 5 28 00
Chapter 22 5 35 36
Epilogue 5 45 26
Completion 5 49 26

Good luck everybody!  I had a blast!

Edited by hunteronbasebal
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ClapTrap27 said:

Ugh. I probably won't make it in my playthrough. I'm at 3:36 at Chapter 11.

Probably not.

You ideally want to reach Chapter 10 by the 2 HR mark

I finished with a time of 5Hr 30 mins and I did it on Crushing Difficulty. I did save before going into combat in a encounter or areas I knew were gonna be a SOB (Chapter 19 with the mummies).

Yeah it is very doable, even without unlimited ammo I got it in 4:45 on explorer. In some chapters (mainly 13/14) you can just skip complete fights by sneaking past the enemies, in some cases you don't even have to stealth it and can just rush through. I'd recommend saving before puzzles as you can figure out how to do the puzzle and maybe make a note of the solution and then reload because save reloading resets the time but checkpoints don't. But yeah, I went in on my first attempt expecting it to be really hard since when I was doing some of the speedrun trophies required to plat 1-3 I would end up way under the max time but with some I would barely scrape by, but this was way easier than I expected. As long as you know puzzle solutions or do the method I mentioned for puzzles and are aggressive during combat or skip it altogether you'll be fine, as well as just the general path you have to take. Maybe make a save at the start of each chapter so if you find it took you too long to figure out where to go you can rollback since, again, checkpoints don't reset time. Another note, make sure to always check if you're in a cutscene. The game has many "cutscenes" that are in-game but can't be skipped but also cinematics that are skippable, so I'd recommend always checking by hitting the options button and seeing if you can skip it just in case because sometimes it's hard to distinguish between the two and pausing doesn't add to the counter so it's always worth checking. Overall I honestly loved speedrunning the game it was just fun to play it again and blast through after going through a normal playthrough on crushing.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Anyone else have problems with the speedrun trophy not popping? I finished the game in 5 hours, 46 minutes and the trophy didn’t pop; I also did Sharpshooter at the same time, that one popped at the end of the credits (and, by the by, who decided that you can’t skip the credits and that the trophies would pop once they’re done? That’s both cruel to the timer and to the gamer, once you’ve already seen them four times…) but I’ve sat through the credits sequence twice now and no love. Suggestions?

19 hours ago, Ashande said:

Anyone else have problems with the speedrun trophy not popping? I finished the game in 5 hours, 46 minutes and the trophy didn’t pop; I also did Sharpshooter at the same time, that one popped at the end of the credits (and, by the by, who decided that you can’t skip the credits and that the trophies would pop once they’re done? That’s both cruel to the timer and to the gamer, once you’ve already seen them four times…) but I’ve sat through the credits sequence twice now and no love. Suggestions?

You don't have to sit through the credits. The trophies would unlock once you quit to main menu. 

6 hours ago, Vulpine9Tails said:

You don't have to sit through the credits. The trophies would unlock once you quit to main menu. 

Well, my mistake, then. All information I had up to this point (and that the trophies on my initial playthrough popped at the end of the credits) implied otherwise. Thanks for that information.

• Like 1